Life has been crazy and fun-filled this past month, as I am sure you can imagine.
I don't even know where to begin.
This is where pictures come in handy...it helps me remember little things.
The time since Aerin was born has gone by so fast. Can you believe she is already 1 month old today???
Scott is such a good big brother...he loves her so much. He loves trying to pick her up to hold her and give her hugs...I really gotta watch him sometimes :)
He has taken to stealing her soother. Sometimes he takes it and tries to give it back. Sometimes he likes to take it from wherever it may be in use it. Now, this kid never took a soother...he much preferred (and still does) his thumb, so it is really funny to see him with a soother in his mouth...esp. when he chooses the pink one.
We have taken a couple of walks now with the new stroller and Scott is a much bigger fan than Aerin. He has always loved being in a stroller. He always finds it so much fun and relaxing. He almost always falls asleep when we go for walks.
This is the first time we used our new stroller. Wen I put him in, he was all smiles and so excited. Although, you can't tell that by this picture...oh well. I guess you will just have to believe me.
You know, there is so much to say, I think I will save some of it for Scott's blog. It really does need updated too. SO make sure that after you finish reading m post, that you go look at his blog.
Here is a pic of my beautiful girl. You know, the funny thing is, that before I had her, I told my Mum never to buy me any bows for her. I thought they were so big and looked so silly. Well, a very good friend of mine gave me 2 when she was born. So, I decided to try them. I think they kind look so ridiculous that they are cute. And the more she wears them, the more I love them. I am already planning on buying some myself. How did that happen??? I was so dead set against them...lol
Will hates them. He always tells me to take it off. I told him that when he gets her dressed, he can choose what she wears. But until then, she wears them, since I dress her.
Overall, things are going really well for us. She eats about every 2-3 hours on average. So, by the time I go to bed, she really is up 2 times a night. Not bad. She usually doesn't get up before 9, so I don't know what I was thinking when I made her Dr. appt. for 9 am tomorrow morning. I must not have figured out her sleep schedule yet. Too bad, cause I love sleeping til 9. But, I won't be tomorrow, I guess.
I tend to stay up late now cause it is my alone time. Will is at work til midnight, so when I put the kids to bed,I stay up doing whatever. Typically watching tv and cleaning during commercial breaks. I could (and should) go to bed, but who wants to spend alone time sleeping. It is after all my time for me.
Sincediscovering this 'me' time, I have come to realize that my new favourite show is Law & Order: SVU. Mariska Hargitay makes that show.
Oh, here is so excitedness in my life. Many of you probably already know this, but I have booked a flight home to Edmonton this summer. Well, kinda. The flight is actually to Cow-town (aka Calgary), and I will be picked up there and taken to Edmonton. You see, I can't fly by myself with 2 kids under age 2. I happened to have a friend flying to Calgary, though, 2 days later than my planned day to travel, so we decided that I would book a ticket on the same flight and she would take care of one of my kids for me. How awesome is that???
I will be up there for avout 3 weeks. And at the end of June, Will is going to be driving up with his sister to spend a few days, then we will all drive home. I am so excited that Christine will be able to see my home. We will be up there for Canada Day, so I am pretty stoked about that.
I thought this pic was pretty darn cute...she looks like she passed out drunk or something...lol
Please don't mind my hideousness in this next pic, but it is a pic of me and Aerin together so I thought I would share.
Well, I guess I will finish this post for now, since it is so long, but I
want to finish off with one last picture.
I was sitting on the couch and Aerin had fallen asleep in my arms, and Scott was pretty tire. Well, I finally managed to get him to calm down and this is what happened. I'm not surprised at all. He really does love to snuggle up to me...he always has. And now that Aerin is here, he will snuggle up beside me, wrap his arm around mine, and lay his head on her legs or belly. He is such a good boy.
I sure do love my kids.
Okay, so I am going to head over to Scott's blog now. I hope to finish it before the two of them wake up, but if I don't, I will finish the post tonight after they are in bed. So, if nothing is up in the next little bit, check tomorrow.






7 comments:
I am so excited to see your little boy. I am sure skyler and him will get along great. Yay I cant wait!
I love all the pictures, especially the one where Scott is suching on the soother.
Girl I can't believe you already have two kids! Such a beautiful little family you have there!...
Love all the photos! I'm w/ya on L&O SVU - love Mariska and every hairstyle she ever wears. LOL I am always telling my hairstylist I want my hair like hers.
oh man. i just want to eat them both up! i'll dip 'em in ranch dressing the way leslie does with her new found love for carrots ;) seriously, i can't believe it's been a month already.
i have really enjoyed becoming a mother of 2. the transition has gone much smoother than being a first time mom, lol. you have a beautiful family! enjoy that me time. i can totally appreciate how important that is.
oh, we do so love to see their cuteness!
can't wait to see y'all!
Post a Comment