I have been looking for the perfect oatmeal raisin cookie recipe for a long time...I've even considered stealing Von's cookie recipe cause it was exactly what I have been trying to make. You know, the soft, chewy ones. Well, I am happy to say that I have found it...the one and only oatmeal raisin cookie recipe that I will use for the rest of my life.
So, I thought I would share it with you, my faithful blog followers...you know, just in case you are like me, trying to find that perfect recipe.
Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 c. golden brown sugar, packed
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 c. quick oats cereal
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
1 c. raisins
Place racks in upper third of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add eggs and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Add oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Mix on low speed until blended. Add nuts (optional) and raisins and mix on medium speed until incorporated. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons 1 1/2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Cookies will feel soft but will firm up as they cool. Let tand on bakng sheets 2 minutes before transferring to racks to cool.
Makes about 45 cookies.
Now, I did substitute the eggs for flaxseed. To do this, mix 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed with 3 tbp. water.
This mixture can be used immediately, but is best is done about an hour beforehand and left in the fridge. (I did it at the very beginning and just let it sit in the fridge for about 5 mins until I needed the eggs.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Post a Comment