I am loving my tired, exhausted life.
My babies are so awesome.
I have told you this before, so to read this should come as no surprise to you.
I must share pics, of course. What more would you expect from a proud mama.
What has gone on since my last post???
Well, I got my California driver's license. Yes, just now. I had to wait not only for a social security no. to do that, but I also had to wait for my husband to drive me to the DMV. Well, he did...about 4 weeks ago. When I got there, I found out that I apparently had to write a driver's exam and do a driving exam. So, when was the last time I wrote one of those??? Yeah, a long time ago. And it was in another country. And since I had no warning, I didn't study, and I still passed with flying colours.
I ROCK!!!
Then, to do my driving test, I had to wait 3.5 weeks. So, for 3.5 weeks I walked if I needed to go somewhere or, of course, went out with Will.
So, my driving test day came around...I was actually kinda nervous. I didn't know if I could do a parallel park in my truck (it's been awhile), but I didn't end up having to. Thank goodness. I did have to drive backwards, though. I passed with only 5 mistakes...and they were all "stopping" mistakes. Like, not stopping behind a stop sign, but stopping just past the stop sign. Hey, if that's the only thing I did wrong, I think I did good.
We are, of course, getting closer day by day to our trip to Canada. I am so excited. Some old friends from high school are getting together in honour of the fact that I will be in town...dang, I feel special. :)
I got my hair cut and permed...not psycho curly permed, but permed. It looks good...I just gotta figure out now how to style it nicely.
Scott has croup. He got the nasty sounding cough last night at my friend's house. Poor kid. Just like his dad he can't seem to catch a break of being sick. We took him to the Dr. today and he told me he had croup. I never even thought it that when I heard him coughing. I just thought it was a really bad sounding cough and I should get it checked out. I am glad I did.
He has had so much snuggle time with me today. He's just not himself when he is sick. He is always snuggly with me, but he's just not as interested in playing and such when he's sick...luckily I am always willing to snuggle my baby.
Well, I guess I will finish off with some pictures.
My silly boy sound asleep in Aerin's swing.
Aerin with her teddy bear from Build-a-Bear made by cousin Collin. Such a pretty girl, isn' she??? That's my baby girl. Couldn't imagine my life without her or Scott. And to think I was scared of having a girl. How could I be scared of her??? I was so young and foolish...lol
Scott with Aerin's bear and his bear made by Auntie Christine.
This is just too cute not to share. This boy loves his baby sister so much. There is no one who gets as many kisses from him as she does. Although this is not a kissy picture, it is a picture that shows how much he loves her.
I think the funniest thing about this picture is the piece of spaghetti he got on his nose. Truth be told, that's why I got the camera...cause of the spaghetti on his nose.
My sweet babies taking a nap today. This was Scott's 3rd nap today. Poor kid's body is just trying so hard to get better. In fact, Aerin is still asleep (5.5 hrs. later)
My poor croupy boy laying on the couch watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Seems fitting to watch a cooking show...you know, since he's gonna be a chef someday. He does love playing with pots and pans, after all. The pink bear he is snuggling with was made by his big brother, Solomon for Aerin. Solomon also made Scott a blue one.
Just another little tidbit of info on Scott. Scott loves water. It is all he drinks. Truth be told, it is all we give him. Water is the best thing for him. Well, it is y far, his favourite drink. The only time we give him juice is when he is sick. We figure, when he is sick, we need to make extra sure he is hydrated well, and what kid doesn't love juice and will chug it??? Scott normally will chug it and then has no problem going back to water when he is no longer sick. Tonight, I gave him a cup of juice and a cup of water...both to drink at his own free will. He drank the water. He barely even touched the juice. The kid just loves water...and I am okay with that :)






2 comments:
so excited to see you and just can't wait for tomorrow for us to get there.
Such sweet sweet photos!!!!
Post a Comment