Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Well, Happy New Year to all my faithful blog readers.
I am not one for resolutions (although, I never fault someone else for making them). So, I will not tell you any resolutions that I have cause, well, I have none. I figure if I will not make the change at another time of year, what makes the beginning of the year so special that I would do it then?!? Know what I mean???
Anyways, I wish a Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all and wish you all the best of luck at accomplishing any goals that may be made at this time or any time in this New Year.
Well, I figure it is time that I should show you a belly picture. Michelle, my sister who is also pregnant posted a pic of her belly a couple of weeks ago and I laughed at the fact that despite her being 10 weeks less pregnant that I, we are the same size. So, I guess now would be as good a time as any to show you that.
But before I do, it's not only me who thinks we are the same size. Even my mum said that when she was down here last week.
So, to do the comparison, look at my pic, then go to her blog (linked under 'family and friends blogs') scroll down a couple of posts and compare. Tell me what you think :)
Please pardon my hideousness in the following photographs. I had already showered, but then decided to clean and do laundry and such and really didn't feel like dressing up for the occasion. So, consequently, you get to see me all hideous and well, hideous. So, forgive me.
This is me at 29 weeks and 2 days pregnant.


This pregnancy has been a lot different than the pregnancy with Scott. They are both gentle in their movements (ie. no swift kicks to the gut) and both have been uber-geneous at not using my bladder as a squeeze toy, BUT...gotta love the 'but'...I am in a lot more pain during this pregnancy. My back and my hips are so sore that at time I can barely walk after getting out of bed. It's almost to the point of being crippling to a point. I am seeing the chiropractor regularly again and am hoping that it will really help. I could be in worse shape because my body got used to being adjusted properly through frequent chiropractic visits and then the pregnany loosened my limbs and I became unadjusted properly (for lack of a better term). So, to say the least, hopefully, seeing the chiropractor again will help.
I am due on Mar. 17 and I am currenly praying that I will deliver on Mar. 17...no earlier, no later. I want to go be induced (going on the assumption I will need the meds to help her arrive, like Scott) on Sunday Mar. 16, so I will deliver sometime on the 17th. And if I happen to go into labour on my own, I hope it's not til really close to midnight on the 16th, so I can have her on the 17th. As you can see, I really want her on the 17th and am attempting to plan it. SO, if you feel the desire to pray for my wish, I would greatly appreciate it.
Now, to answer all your questions which is "Why, the 17th?".
Well, her name is going to be Erin. Erin means 'Of Irealand'. Would it not then be appropriate to be born on Saint Patty's Day??? Oh, yeah, and I bought a shamrock Christmas ornament that I want to engrave her name and birthday on for her for next year. Once agin, shamrock ornament, with Mar. 17 engraved on it...it just makes sense.
Now that you all think I am legally insane and can be commited, I will end the post with my one goal of the New Year to give birth on Mar. 17, 2008. Wish me luck. :)

9 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

i would say we are the same size. but we look big in our own different pregnant way!
and all i have to say to your resolutions speak is, amen!! i totally feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

haha...i love that you made that your only goal!

Anonymous said...

alrighty then...this is mum/...i can TOTALLY live with the name erin, esp. since it was gonna be your name till i got talked outta it...how about gobragh for her middle name?!?!?!?!?! get it?????
erin go bragh!!!okey, well i thought it was funny.....

Anonymous said...

u look great hun!!
happy new yr to you all!
hugs from banana
ooxx

Nikki said...

How cute are yoU!!!

armywife said...

Krystin - you look so freaking CUTE!!!!!

Wren said...

I'll pray for you.

The Jensens said...

Krystin!! you are tiny!! all of you!! your belly, your butt everything! you look amazing! and is that a stretch mark free tummy?? da$n you! I got some!!
Well did I miss the post announceing that it is gonna be a girl?!! how EXCITING! March 17th it is! :) that is soo soon. Hope you joints start feeling better.

broberts said...

i could have had my baby on the 17th and i was induced and it still didn't work. that's my sis in law's b-day, so it would have been twice as cool....so good luck with that. you're a brave women to WANT to be induced for the sake of a name. its so much harder on you and the baby. i never want to be induced AGAIN! We're praying that things will go naturally next time. But, you look so cute. You are small...cute little Erin....I love that Mich is the same size as you...its so funny!