Saturday, December 29, 2007

Well, a whole lot has been going on in the past while for our family.
There were, of course, Christmas parties galore to go to...so many, in fact, we even skipped one.
Scott got to see Santa and Mrs. Claus at our ward (church) Christmas party. It was not a pleasant experience for him...as I very well suspected. He is, after all, at that age.

Apparently, he was not scarred from the whole incident as here he is moments later sucking on the candy cane Santa gave him.

The next night was the Christmas party that my sil, Christine, hosted. So, up to Sacramento we drove for what would be the first of three trips in 1.5 weeks.
We had a great time. We did a yankee trade (similar in concept to a white elephant gift exchange). I came out of there with an electric griddle, a king size blanket and a clock that isngs Christmas music. Well, I kinda came out of there with it. That's what I got from the gift exchange. Uncle Mike took it home...stealy thief :) I am waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
This is Scott at the party.

And, of course, I have to show you a picture of him just being his cute self. The shirt he is wearing is actually one of the gifts he got at the party. he got lots and lots of clothes and toys.

Okay, I guess we will fast forward a few days to when we went back to Sacramento to pick up Mum and Laurenne at the airport. It was a crazy day. I was a ARF in the morning and I called the Dr. to get Scott an appt. for the next day. He had discharge from his eye. Well, they couldn't get him in the next day, just that day. So, after some scrambling, we got him to the Dr. Turns out he had pink eye. Poor kid. Gets over one thing just to get another. So, quick pharmacy run, before we leave and off we go. On the road to see mum and LJ. Well, of course, we hit traffic in two places, so we ended up being a little over an hour late picking them up. Welcome to California. Hope you enjoy your stay at the Sacramento Airport...lol
After picking them up, ew headed straight back home. So, Thursday we didn't do anything, to say the least.
Friday, we went shopping. Saturday, we went shopping. Sunday, we went to church. Monday, we went shopping. Tuesday was Christmas. Wednesday, we went shopping. Thursday we headed back to Sacramento to take them home. That would be the short version of what we did while they were here. Mum was kinda disgusted that all we did was shop while they were here, but I gotta admit it was kinda nice. I never get to go shopping like that. I can't think of all the specific places we went each day, but the stores included Michael's, Target, Lowe's, Joann's, Dollar Tree, Food 4 Less. Basically, the majority of our time was spent preparing for the holidays.
We would have loved to go somewhere, but Will didn't have any time off except Christmas Day and I don't know how to get to any places...like Yosemite or Disneyland. Plus, it seemed kinda lame to spend almost $100 to get me into Disneyland to not be able to ride any rides.
Christmas day was great. We just stayed home. We had panettone french toast. It was so yummy. It is going to be our traditional Christmas Day breakfast. It was so dang filling.
Here is a picture of our tree on Christmas Eve.

And this is just my lame attempt at copying kari-Lynn to show you Christmas at our house.


The things we do to our poor dog just to amuse ourselves.

And now, of course, Christmas morning. We got all kinds of good stuff. I won't even begin to try to list stuff, but some items included...Nentendo DS and games for Solomon, mini amp and other electric guitar accessories for Camille, Jewellery and Canada blankets for Krystin, air compressor/jump starter and Cabela's gift card for WIll, and clothes and toys for Scott. We gave mum a cd and a movie and Laurenne got a skirt and Audrey Hepburn movies from us.
Those are, of course, just some of the stuff we got. Just too much for me to not only list, but actually think of :)
Scott pulling stuff out of his stocking.

You know what, I was about to post a few more pics of Scott opening presents and playing with stuff, but I will post those on his blog. This post is getting quite long, after all.
So, I guess for now, I will end my post, but I will say...
We really enjoyed having mum and Laurenne here and wish they could have stayed longer. It was a very nice visit and we hope to do it again soon. I cannot wait to get up to Canada in June to visit everyone.

4 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

i think your christmas tree pictures turned out awesome. everything looked so nice. so happy you had a good visit and time with mum and lj.

Anonymous said...

i love this post...the humour in it just rocks my world for some reason! and scott is looking something super cute, i tell ya!

Wren said...

Poor dog. I feel sorry for her.

Leslie said...

Is Scott teething? The first three photos of him, he has something in his mouth!! LOL That poor dog. I'm not sure I knew you had one. I've been out in left field of late though and behind on everyone's lives. I'll try to catch up. Hey, you should share the recipe for the french toast you had on Cmas morn.