Wednesday, October 29, 2008

WOW!!! It's been a week already, huh???
Not a whole lot has gone on this past week. Will had the last 3 days off and that was so nice. Overtime is drying up now, so he is actually home most of his days off. How nice is that???
Well, what has gone on in the past week.
Saturday night was the Halloween party at church. It was super fun but there were way too many people. It was a combined party with the Woodward Park ward, so it was super packed. Scott would run off and I would be left trying to get Aerin given to someonem then past people, "Excuse me. Excuse me. Ummmmm, excuse me, please." Just to get out to the hallway and ask, with no response, "Has anyone seen a rat?"
It was just crazy.
I spent the morning making 3 doz. cupcakes for it...they looked awesome.

Scott was Ratatouille. He looked so dang cute. His costume was gynormous on him and I had him s scantily clad underneath as possible so he would not cook. And by scantily clad, I mean sleeveless shirt and shorts :)
Aerin was a pirate. She was so cute, too...of course. Could we really expect anything less from my kiddos???

I should also mention that Aerin's shirt says "Arghhh...Wipe Me Bootie!"

Naturally, there was a Trunk-or-Treat. Scott had no idea what to do, but after, oh, 1person dropping that candy into his bag, he was a pro.
I figure it was good practice for this coming Friday night.
Here he is getting some goodies.

This is Aerin with her friend, Emily. Emily is only 9 days older than Aerin...Michelle, Emily's mom, was watching Aerin for me for a few minutes and when I came back, Aerin had her hand on Emily's on her car seat and it just looked so sweet. They just looked like the best of friends at that moment. In this pic, her hand had just come away a bit, but it's still so cute. And, well, to be honest, Emily is just so pretty that it just makes sense to still post the pic.
Oh, yeah, and that blanket that Emily has, I made her that.


Okay, so that was our weekend.
I have so many more pics on my camera still.
Oh goodness. I must tell you that Aerin started sitting on Sunday.
I had her sitting in her pack 'n play as I was getting ready for church and there she was...sitting.
So, after church I made her sit and took a few pics.
Doesn't she just look like a little pro???


FYI:
The reason Scott was a rat for Halloween is because his nickname is Rodent. His nickname is Rodent because rodents (such as rats) like to get into anything and everything including what they are not supposed to.
Like this.
This, just so you know, is brand new fabric for making baby blankets.
Well, hey, at least he looks comfy.
Oh, yeah, and he's cute.

I have also discovered that not only can Aerin sit, but she can stand, too...so, to say the least, the bassinet part of her pack 'n play has been taken out.
And this is why...
In the pack 'n play 100%.

No longer in the pack 'n play 100%.

On Monday night we went to the Pumpkin Patch. It was so cool. I have never been to a pumpkin patch before. Will told me to take my camera (as if I ever leave home without it) in case they had pony rides.
WHAT!?! Pony rides at a pumpkin patch???
Who knew???
Well, obviously Will.
They had pony rides, bounce houses, corn maze...but we just put Scott on the pony. He doesn't care that much about bounce houses.
He sat on that pony like a little pro. After about 2 or 3 mins of riding, he decided he'd had enough and started crying and trying to get off the pony. I totally had to get the guy to stop the ride before he succeeded in getting out of the straps that held him on. I was walking along side him, so it's not like I wouldn't have caught him, but that's not the point. I still don't think that would have been the safest option for him getting off the pony :)
Poor other girl on the ride musta felt all jipped...lol
Having a good time.

No longer having a good time. Time to get off.

And, of course, we have to have pictures sitting among the pumpkins.

And Aerin, bless her little heart, woke up just before we left, so I was able to snap a few pics of her awake and out of her car seat at the patch.

After the patch, we went to Mimi's for dinner and then to Target...and, naturally, spent way more than planned. That's basically how it always goes at Target.
Tuesday...what did we do Tuesday.
We got passport pics taken of the kids...sadly, when we took them in with the applications today, the pics were rejected cause they were too big. Come on, the amount of passport pics that these places take, you'd think they would know the right size. So, since we wre on a time budget, we just ran across the street and had them done again at a different place.
But their pics yesterday were so cute, I just had to share them with you.
Scott cracks me up cause he just looks so serious.
Oh, that kid makes me laugh.
And you know the funny thing is we figured if the pics got rejected it would be because Aerin was smiling in hers.
But, nope, they got rejected for other reasons.


Well, I guess that is all for now.
I gotta go clean up the living room and tidy the kitchen before heading to bed.
Nighty night.

3 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

scott looks so grown up with his hair spiked in the pictures at the pumpkin patch. i love it. sure looked like they had fun at the halloween party and am so glad aerin hasa new best friend!! they sure did look cute together...holding hands!
i can't believe kids at that age need passports. like, they'll look the same by the time you use them!! :)

Michelle Denault said...

so even though we have already seen them in their costumes, i can't wait to see scottie and aerin out trick-or-traeting all dressed up!! hope you guys had as much as fun as we did!

Anonymous said...

I love the passport pics. They are so cute. It looks like Scott had a great time at the pumpkin patch.
Wren