Wednesday, December 17, 2008

RANDOMNESS

Well, yesterday was my BIG 30!!!
Crazy, huh???
It sounds so old. Like, mature. I don't feel old, just 30 sounds old.
It was a fairly uneventful day. I got up earlier than normal...compliments of the kids...at about 8:15ish, I think. You see, it's not uncommon for us to not get up til about 9:30am. I love it.
We went to the grocery store yesterday and meant to pick up a cheesecake for my birthday cake, but neither of us grabbed it, and so I decided to make myself a cool cake. Will had the idea of a maple leaf cake or a Canada flag cake. I wanted something cool, so I decided to do the flag.
I think it turned out well.
I baked it last night and then decorated it this morning.
Scott was on the phone with Mum today and all he could do was point at the cake and say, "Cookie. Cookie." He was pretty excited. But, we have a lot of leftover cake. Let's be honest, we can only eat so much cake in a day.

Another thing I was gonna tell you all was about Scott's birthday drama.
We were, of course, as I said in the last post, at my SIL's house. Well, Christine and I were in the bedroom talking and the others were out in the living room and we heard Scott cry. A minute later, my name is being yelled. We leave the room to see Bria (my niece) telling me that Scott pulled a stocking down and he got hit in the head and he was bleeding. Yeah, he was bleeding. Apparently, it was the stocking holder that fell on his head and he was bleeding like crazy...cause head wounds do that.
Poor kid. We got him cleaned up and in the bath fairly quickly and he got over it, but hey, here's a good way to say "Happy Birthday". Oh, yeah, and he totally didn't get any blood on the carpet. We all had blood on us, but none on the carpet. Oh, yeah, and he had so much blood on his shirt, that if it had been up to me, I woulda just thrown it out, but my SIL got it all out.
AMAZING!!!
So, that was a nice story, huh???
Oh, and here are so super cute pics of my babies wearing their Christmas outfits for church.
They are so gosh darn cute.


4 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

yep, i would have to agree with your statement that those sure are some darn cute kiddies. very awesome cake. from the way you described it to me, i wasn't expecting that but still super cool.
HAPPY 3-0!!!

Michelle Denault said...

can't wait to hear what everyone got for christmas.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Michelle Denault said...

have a safe and fun filled trip to edmonton. hope you have a great visit and safe journey home!

Michelle Denault said...

what...no post about your 2 week visit with family in canada?!?! can't wait to hear all about it!