Saturday, December 06, 2008

2 years ago at this time, I was laying in a hospital bed, anticipating the birth of my first-born child.
I was excited.
I had gone to the Dr. that afternoon and was more than willing to let her know that I was now 8 days overdue. She was willing to let me go 10.
So, she looked at me and said, "Well, do you wanna have a baby tomorrow?"
Tell me that any woman 8 days overdue would say "No." to that question.
I think Brittany might even say "Yes." LOL
This was about 4 o'clock in the afternoon.
I was told to be at the hospital at 8pm.
I had 4 hrs. to get home, pack a bag (cause, no, I had not done that yet), oh yeha, and tell Will to get the night off work.
It was a long night.
I hardly slept (truth be told, I don't know if I even did)...
It was an easy birth. 11 pushes and he was here. The Dr. was nice enough to be there for 2 of those pushes...lol
My baby boy. 4:02pm. 8 lbs 6 oz. 21".
My pride and joy.
I cried when they took him away to clean him up and weigh him...just looking at him melted my heart.
He was beautiful.
And now here we are, Dec. 6 2008...and my baby boy (who is now a big brother) is turning 2.
Where did the time go???
There is nothing about this little guy that I would change.
Okay, I would make him sleep through the night if I could, but that's all...lol
He is a Momma's Boy...and I love him more than I could ever imagine.
I love watching him grow up and seeing him learn.
I tell him all the time that Heavenly Father was really good to us sending him into our lives.
Our Father in Heaven truly blessed us with this special spirit from Him.
Oh, goodness...I cannot even describe how much I love this boy and how thankful I am to be his Mama.
But, any mothers reading this, knows what I mean...so it's okay that I am not communicating it well.
Anyways, we are having his party on Sunday, up by Sacramento with the whole fam-damily, but for his actual birthday I bought him a balloon (cause he LOVES balloons) a piece of cake (cause I couldn't find cupcakes...LAME), and his own little mini container of Ice Cream...and that will be his breakfast.
I am sure Radelle is just dying at this thought...lol
But in my defense, we are leaving in the AM to go up to Sacramento, and I don't want to try to haul it up with me...so, this scandalous mother is giving her boy cake and ice cream for breakfast.
He will love for forever :)
p.s. I TOTALLY loved Rock's 1st Birthday cake...not only was it cool and unique, but it would have made a much healthier breakfast cake.
Anyhoo...so, that is how we are going to celebrate his 2 year birthday today.
Now, I probably should be going, because despite the washer and dishwasher going, I still need to pack and switch laundry to the dryer and load the washer again (and again in the morning b4 we leave). Thankfully, I already have the gifts wrapped.
Oh, heck, I forgot to wrap his birthday present for Sunday's party.
I guess I should do that now while he is asleep cause I am sure he won't let me in the morning...lol
So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCOTT!
I LOVE YOU, MY BOY.

5 comments:

The Jensens said...

hey dont count me out of giving a kid ice cream!! im all for treats on special occasions, ONCE they know what treats are! see rock has no idea what ice crem is, but I bet by next year (2) he will!! :)
scott is seriously such a little sweetie, and I loved your post about him. You are right, only a mom can understand that *feeling* of wanting to burst cause you love the kid so much.
I havent had a 2nd child, but man, there is nothing like seeing your baby born. its unreal and surreal!!

Heather said...

Cake and ice cream I think is a fantastic birthday breakfast. (or any other day for that matter)

broberts said...

happy 2nd b-day scottie!

Wren said...

Happy belated 2nd birthday, Scottie.

Michelle Denault said...

boy, you sure have grown. you most certainly were spoiled on your birthday. have fun playing with all your trucks.