Not a whole lot that is new and exciting, to be honest.
I am crazy excited for Christmas.
Probably 2 or 3 weeks ago I got a Christmas Craving. I wanted to do everything Christmas related. I wanted to start sewing stockings, put up garland and bows on the columns out front of the house, put up the Christmas tree, bake, make and eat chocolates...everything Christmas.
Well, I didn't have fabric for the stockings, garland or bows for the columns, no freezer space for baking and no chocolate making stuff...so, I put up the tree and what few gel tree and snowflake decorations that we had on the window (which I then moved to the door window).
I did eventually end up making a couple stockings...I decided to just try it out, and figure out exactly how to do them and I just used the same fabric as I used to make their jammies, so they have matching stockings and jammies.
Scottie and Aerin, of course, were more than willing to help. They are too funny.
You see, they love wearing their bike helmets...and this particular day was no different. The only pics I have of them helping set up Christmas decorations is wearing their helmets...so special :)
Mum gave us a train to set up around the Christmas tree...my dream. I have always wanted a train around the Christms tree...soooooooooooooo love it. The kids love it, too...they love watching it go round and round.
I got super cute pics of Scott and Aerin looking at the Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops Christmas catalogues...they both loved looking at the trucks. Scott would point to the truks and say "Please" over and over...and then he would point to the pink one and say, "Please, Babyta". So, to say the least, when we went to Bass Pro Shops, we bought them each a truck set...
One day Will had training for work, so instead of staying at home, we went into town with him. We dropped him off downtown and then we went to the dollar store in hopes of finding plain garland and bows. Well, we found the bows...and I'm too cheap to go somewhere else and pay $10 for 6' of garland...I mean, I'd need at least 2 per column. I like the dollar store price...$1 for 15'. But the bows do look pretty...exactly how I pictured them looking outside.
Anyways, we went to the dollar store and then we still had a bunch of time to kill, so we went to the park...yes, in November...and it was a beautiful day.
The kids had such a good time...living out in the country, we have the yard to play in, but no parks real close...well, I guess that's not entirely true...there is a school behind us, but I don't really want to take them to a school park while school is in session. So, we don't get to the park much, to say the least.
Oh my gosh...Scottie is such a boy and just loves copying Will. Let me explain. We have a huge ground squirrel problem here. They eat so much of the fruit off the trees and food from the gardens...they are terrible. So, we have a pellet gun and we shoot them. Anyways, Scott has a water gun and whenever Will goes to go shoot a squirrel, Scott is hot on his heels with his water gun to copy Daddy. I think Scott will end up being a really good hunting buddy. He will really enjoy it, I think.
They love playing outside and drawing with sidewalk chalk...it really is a good way to start the day. We don't do it nearly often enough.
Last week we went to Bass Pro Shops. It is always an exhausting experience for the kids...lol. It's not a 1hr shopping trip for us, it's usually several hours...this time I think we were there from about 12:30-6. In our defense, we were waiting for Santa at 5, but the kids fell asleep and we didn't know if they would be happy enough when they woke up to see Santa, so we just ended up finishing our trip and leaving. They did wake up right around 5, but the line was long enough that we didn't feel like waiting in it. We'll just go to Santa in Fresno sometime.
Last night was Thanksgiving. We went to Will's cousin's house. Will wasn't able to make it since he had to work, so Christine and Chris came over and took us there. They had the world's softest throw cushions and the kids loved them. Scott and Uncle Michael were throwing them at each other. Scott has a love/hate relationship with Uncle Michael...lol. Scott is always scared of him...but once he is hanging around in the same room as him for a while (an hour of two) he finally warms up to him and will play with him and sit with him...but don't dare try to get Scott anywhere near him before he is ready...lol.
And this last pic I just love. Scott had been looking through Black Friday ads at Melissa's house and found this one from Wal Mart. Well, there is a remote control car in here that he wants...and he asked me over and over if he could please have this car. I finally told him to ask Aunt Shelly cause she was going to Wal Mart...so, he did...lol. Anyways, he brought the ad home, carried it to bed and went to sleep with it.
Well, I guess I will go back through here and add pictures, then I will go to Scott and Aerin's blogs and do a quick update on their blogs...cause I specially saved some stuff for their blogs that I am not writing here.






2 comments:
Too hilarious that Scottie fell asleep on the rack under the cart!! I really wish there was a Bass Pro Shop near us, I hear they are amazing.....Cabella's too. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving, too bad Will had to miss it. Did you bring him home turkey leftovers?
yah...i think the shopping cart pics are about the most HILARIOUS thing i've ever seen!!!
Post a Comment