Thursday, December 14, 2006

omigosh!!!
life has been so great since the birth of our son...
I still do not have our computer (Will works on his own time) so this is being done at my mil's house :)
I will give you as much of an update as I can in this short time...
the labour was very easy for me :)
I was admitted Dec. 5 at 8pm...I was given Cervadyl (sp?) to soften my uterus...I was only 3 cm dilated (cause my dr. made me that 1 wk prior by stripping my membranes), and 8 days overdue :)
the cervadyl caused me to start contracting and made me 4 cm dilated...at 4:30am on Dec. 6, they gave me patossin (sp?) in hopes that it would dilate me more...at some point in time around 8am, I think, they gave me the epidural...gotta love the epidural :)
at 1pm, my dr came in and I was still 4cm dilated, so she broke my water and told me that if I did not dilate 1 cm in the next hours and continue that pattern, they would be giving me a c-section since I was having great contractions and getting nowhere...well, at 3pm, the nurse came in and I was 10 cm dilated...apparently the c-section threat works every time ;)
she let me sit for 30 mins to allow Scott to move down the birthing canal more by himself to allow me less pushing...and at 3:45 I started pushing...3 pushes per contraction...
when the dr. arrived at 4 pm I had done 3 sets of 3 (so, 9 pushes)...I pushed once with the dr. and his head popped out, 1 more push and his whole body came out...so, a whopping 11 pushes :) if only everybody had it that easy, right???
I then told the dr., "That was easy!"
I seriously was expecting so much worse...lol :)
since he has been home, life has been great...we get up usually once in the night to feed...he sleeps 3-4 hrs at a time at night, so mama gets some good rest :), I left that shampoo bottle open on the bathroom floor from his first bath and had a nice cleanup to do...lol
he has already peed on his daddy's toothbrush during a diaper change (so daddy had to miss a couple brushings til he got a new one), he peed on me in the dr.'s office, and this kid can smile...and no, it's not gas...cause you hear him when he's got gas!!! lol
he is absolutely precious and I would say that the thing that amazes me most is how much more I love him than I thought I would...I mean, of course I knew I would love him, but it's so much more than I expected...it's overwhelming :)
he is, to me, of course, perfect in every way :)
I couldn't even begin to describe how much I love him and love having him in my life...he is such a blessing to us :)
well, I am hoping to get some more pics up soon...really, I am...my intentions are good :)
please just be patient with me, as I have been trying since we moved to get the computer to our house...
this weekend Will's family is celebrating christmas up at Shaver Lake, so we are heading up there tomorrow...my birthday is on Saturday, and I will be 28 :)
anyways, life is good, sorry for the long post...hope you like the update :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi krystin, i never got to say congrats on the baby... he is beautiful, oh and its cervidil and pitocin....lol from a maternity nurse, i hope he is good for you , im jealous.....he sleeps more than avery and she is already 5 months old (today) she eats every 2 hours... hence why she is sooooooooo big, anyway congrats to you and your family.

always
tonikka

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Krystin. Hope it's great and all that. Love ya and miss ya.

kelli said...

Congrads and good luck.