Friday, June 29, 2007

well, let's see...what has been going on in the life of Krystin???
Scott has a skin virus called molluscum contagiosum...I found a bump on his arm a couple of days ago and just figured it looked like a pimple...then yesterday, found two more on his other arm...they didn't look like bug bites, but didn't look like pimples, so I got him into the dr. today and it's molluscum contagiosum...I guess they are kinda like a wart in that you can just get them, and suppsoedly, they are contagious to the touch...that is how they are spread...but even the dr. says in the hundreds of cases he's seen, he's never been infected with them...they don't itch or anything,s o that is nice, and they will go away on their own, but here's the kicker, it could take months or years to go away...well, at least he only has a couple of them and not clumps covering a whole section of his body...it can be treated with medicine, but the medicine typically irritates the skin surrounding the bump, and since he doesn't have a lot of them, we aren't treating them...we're just gonna leave them alone...
what else is going on??? I am super excited for my trip to Utah in a couple of weeks...Scott will finally get to meet his Grandma D and Auntie Laurenne...they are very excited for that :)
I got to drive my mil's Avalanche today...Dang!!! I gotta say that is a sweet ride!!! it is so smooth and it's just great!!!
we got new neighbours today...I went over and introduced myself...seem like an interesting set of people...I'm not saying that to be rude in any way, I promise, but they just would say the funniest things that just were funny...
like this...I am wearing a wrist brace because my wrist has been bothering me for a couple of weeks now, okay??? I don't know what I did to it, I don't recall injuring it, but I apparently did...so, I shake the guy's hand, and he asks what I did to my wrist...I answer that I am not sure exactly what i did to it or what was wrong with it...so, he asks if I just wear it for fashion cause I think it looks good...lol
then, he asks me if I play tennis.
I replay that I do not.
"Oh, cause that would be a tragedy."
Yes, yes it would be a tragedy if I played tennis and I had hurt my wrist...lol
it was just funny :)
along with the strange wrist injuring, I also have a crazy bruise on my arm from, well, slamming my arm into a gate lanch, a cut on my knee from rolling my ankle in a hole and falling, a bazillion bruises on my knees from who-knows-where...lol
dang, I'm a wreck!!! oh, and I must not forget the fact that I bit my tongue so hard that I made it bleed...so it totally hurts, too...and, of course, the dog bite on my thumb :)
so many things have gone on...next door to those new neighbours is another set of new neighbours just moved in about a week ago...I would say that I introduced myself to them, but I feel that our introductions happened when her dog, not on a leash, decided to charge at my dog, who was on a leash, minding her own business trying to do her business...kwim???
lucky for her dog, and her, I was close enough to my door, that I was able to pull her back into the house, all the while with the lady's dog right outside my door with her saying, "Oh, 'insert dog's name here', come here!" Yeah, I'm charging at another dog that could eat me, I think I'll come back with that pityful call...ok, to be honest, she wouldn't eat that other dog, but she is a larger and stronger dog and is a breed tahtis bred for fighting, so she would do a lot of damage to that dog.
and the thing that sucks, is that if my dog had gotten ahold of that dog, which she likely would have if I had not managed to get such a good hold of her, we would have ended up with the stigma of having the bad dog...anyhoo, so that is kinda my rant...I mean, the rule is to ahve your dog on a leash at all times...our dog, Shawnessy, is old...she just doesn't really pay that much attention to another dog when she sees one...she may stand at attention and watch it and make sure it keeps doing it's own thing and she will continue doing her thing, but she really can't be bothered going after another dog anymore...but since this one charged her, holy heck, she will not forget that dog...every time we walk out the door now, we make sure that other dog is not out there...cause the last thing I want it any sort of an altercation...but if it happens again, it will not be a happy introduction to the neighbour, to say the least :)
all i ask is that you obey the rules, and keep your dog on a leash!!! is that too much to ask???
well, I guess that is all for now...i don't even know if I have any pictures to post...other than the ones I posted on Scott's blog...my little boy is growing up so fast... he has two teeth growing in now...they have actually pierced through the gums, and he getting into the position to crawl...but he is so dang cute!!! we are so lucky to have him...I am glad he is a part of our lives...he is such a good kid and I love him to death...so, no, Janna, you may not steal him!!!
well, just for the sake of adding some pictures, here are a couple...

this just goes to show how tolerant Shawnessy is of Scott and kids in general...


playing with his police car that I bought him in NY...

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I enjoyed your rant about having dogs on leashes AND your neighbors do seem sort of - well, how to put it nicely? - weird. LOL Nah, are they old-ish? I know people my parents' age can be corny so maybe that's it. Sweet photos of Scott. I'm gonna have to go check out his blog now. ;)

kelli said...

Isn't great when you get a dog that is so gentle with children.

Krystin said...

no, Leslie...they are not old...they are younger than me...i can't decide if they are the dungeon and dragons kind of nerds or goth-wannabe nerds...I dunno...I'm so old I'm out of the loop now :)

Michelle Denault said...

love the blanket scottie is laying on!! :)
poor kid having to deal with molluscum contagiosum and breaking his 1st 2 teeth. what a tough guy!

Wren said...

He is soo cute, I can't wait to meet him.