Monday, August 20, 2007

So I would just like to start off stating that i am fully aware of just how lame-o I am when it comes to blogging.
It's funny that when I started blogging I was blogging every day and I always had something new and funny to say...now, I'm just lame and never blog...lol
Well, as for newness here...
Scott is still getting crazy big!!! He is long and skinny and it bugs me that they don't make baby clothes to accomodate that...seriously. When I can go to the store, and buy a pair of 6 month pants (despite the face that my kid is almost 9 months) and they are still ginormous, and I mean GINOROMOUS, in the waist and barely long enough...sure I could buy 9 month pants, but the 6 month already pucker a very very ridiculous amount with a belt, it would just look ridiculous putting him in anything bigger...that's just terribly irritating. Not all babies are chubby. My baby is not chubby, he is skinny and he still needs to wear pants...I ahve two pairs of shorts for him that are size 0-3 month...1 fits him perfectly, the other is still too big...now I am not saying they would fit any 0-3 month cause that would have to be one BIG baby...I'm just saying it's sad that he will be able to wear these pants next year as shorts...lol
Scott is also quite the explorer...and it really doesn't help that we have yet to Scott-proof our place :) This is my dilemma...we need to get some sort of safety things for our cupboards without damaging them (all the less to be charged for when we move out)...now, we don't have handles on our cupboards, so that option of the sliding ones that go on handles is out of the question...sad, really, since they would do no damage...any other safety things for cupboards that I know of either need screws or stick....I guess if I had to choose between the two I would go for the sticky ones, but how would I remover any residue when we move out??? See, this is why I want my own house...then I wouldn't have this dilemma...
We have a new boxing gym opening up just down the road from us in a couple of weeks...they teach kickboxing, jiu jitsu and reguular boxing...Willr eally enjoys jiu jitsu and it really quite good at it and has been considering going back to his old gym to get back into training...Well, I was driving by this new place and they were having a pre-sale, so I stopped in...I figured out that if we cancel our membership at the gym we are at (since neither of us ever go), and Will was to sign up at this new gym, we would save about half of what we are currently paying...plus, we then don't have to pay for fees to train at his old jiu jitsu gym...so, at this new gym, he has access to all weights equipment as well as any classes offered...for half the price of us both going to the other gym.
Now what about me, you ask, cause I am now out of a membership...I figure I will go work out at the gym in our complex right across the street and once I am more in shape, I will sign up at the same gym as Will for kickboxing again...
Did any of that make sense???
My mother-in-law's birthday was last week and we threw her a surprise birthday party...it was really quite cool to meet some family on Will's side that I had never met before...and, of course, they all loved Scott.
Well, I probably should get some cleaning done...I may have to resort to washing some dishes by hand since we are currently out of dishwasher detergent...or maybe I will try to get Will to stop off at the store on his way home to buy some...I really hate washing dishes by hand.
Well, I guess that is all for now...
If you want to see any uber-cute pictures of Scott, please feel free to check out his blog.

2 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

we have the same problem with mady and pants. in her waist, she fits size 6 months pants but length she needs 18 months. sometimes we can get away with 12 months but they usually hang way down her butt!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Krystin, can totally sympathise with you - my son has always worn pants for a long time waiting for him to fit the waist! Now my daughter is similar. I must admit I find some brands are much slimmer fitting than others, and draw strings are always a good option.
My dh does jeet kune do so I was interested in reading about Willr.
We went through all sorts of dilemmas too renting while Nash was young the screw ones are probably the best. The bolt one's ended up a waste of time, Nash just pulled way too hard for them.
There are the rope kind that are quite good too and elastic bands. Like you say there may be some wearing, but you have to do something don't you. We ended up moving alot of stuff up high as he got older and stronger though - no locks were going to hold him back! ;)
Good luck with it all.