Monday, October 08, 2007

Well, a whole lot has gone on in the life of Krystin sinec I last posted.
Let's see if I can put this into different sections to make this easier than just babbling...despite the fact that I am good at that :)
Oh, BABY!!!
Well, a few days ago I started feeling the baby kicking. I think I may have felt it before, but a few nights ago was the first time I knew for sure that's what it was. The baby has been kicking a lot. I feel it all the time. Christine, my sil, was joking on Saturday that it was kicking her in the back when I was standing behind her...what a geek...lol!!!
I am 17 weeks pregnant today and the common consensus is..."Krystin, you don't even look pregnant." Yes, I do hear that frequently. I also hear, "I can't believe you are going to know in 3 weeks whether you are having a boy or girl. You don't even look pregnant." Yet, somehow, despite all this, the baby is still measuring 10 days larger than the due date. I figure I am just carrying even farther back into my back that I was with Scott. When I was pregnant with Scott, I pushed my way through regular clothes until 16 weeks, well, here I am 17 weeks and still having no issues at all with wearing regular clothes.
Whoever said that you show earlier the second time around was obviously not me.
WEDDING!!!
My bro-in-law's wedding was this past weekend. It was a very pretty and simple ceremony that took place in the Japanese Gardens in Fresno. It was a very pretty setting. The parking was absolutely horrific because in the park that the Japanese Gardens are in, there was a race going on, so, yeah, no parking. Will ended up dropping us off and went looking for parking. The reception was very nice as well...very casual and personal. I made a grande entrance when I tripped in a hole on the ground and rolled my very well repaired ankle in my lovely high heels. I was not injured...lost a little pride, but only a little. I had to walk past that hole a few other time, and managed to watch very closely so as to not have a repeat performance.


While at the reception, Will thought it would be funny to give our son prison tattoos...Int his photo, you may get the sense that Scott is wondering what the heck is going on.

And the end result...one hand saying LOVE the hand hand saying HATE.

SCOTT BEING SICK.
This past couple weeks has been so hard on Scott. Last Friday, not this one that just past, but the one before, so 1.5 weeks ago, Will told me I should take Scott to the dr. to see if he has an ear or sinus infection. He was just acting like something could be wrong, so I called at 2:40 and got in at 3:15. Well, it turned out Scott had not only an ear infection in one ear, oh, no, but he had an ear infection in both ears. Poor kid. I took him to the pharmacy to fill his prescription and while waiting, decided to buy daddy a blue star mylar balloon. Well, I don't think Scott was gonna be too willing to give up that balloon to daddy. He was having the time of his life playing with that balloon...walking up and down the aisles bopping that thing and laughing. Even the pharmacists couldn't believe he was not feeling good with the way he was so excited about that balloon. It really was so cute. This video is only a small look at what he was like in the store. He was much more excited in the store than in his car seat.

Well, that is really all I can think of for now to say for an update, but before I go, I would like to take a moment to say,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of my friends and family in Canada who are celebrating today. I am hoping to continue our tradition of going to Marie Callendar's for turkey dinner tonight. And since Kari-Lynn posted a list of 10 things she was grateful for, I would like to do the same.
In no particular order, of course.
1) A wonderful family. Both the family that I have been blessed to start...my husband, my son, my soon to be born child, and my step-kids, Camille and Solomon as well as the family that I was born into. It took my a few years of being moved out of home to really appreciate them and it took moving to California to TRULY appreciate them. You guys have done so much for me and I am truly grateful for that.
2) A place to live. I hate living in an apartment, I REALLY truly would rather be living in our own house, but I know it is a blessing to have an apartment. So many people don't even have that.
3) Milk. Okay, so I am sure a few of you may be looking at this one with a perplexed look on your face. Let me explain. When I am pregnant, I get heartburn. And I get it BAD!!! Milk was my lifesaver when I was pregnant with Scott and it has already started providing me with relief during this pregnancy. So, yes, I am grateful for milk.
4) A washer and dryer...but mostly the washer. I am so glad that I do not have to wash my clothes in a wash basin...I can't stand getting my hands wet. It bugs me so bad...which makes me want to make no. 5 grateful for a dishwasher, but I won't. I just hate washing anything with bare hands...really, I am glad we have rubber gloves in this day and age...lol
As for the dryer, I don't mind hanging clothes on the line to dry, but WIll is not such a big fan.
5) Education. I don't have any post-secondary education, but I remember being in school just loving to learn. I was not always good at learning, it was a struggle, but I loved learning.
6) Being Canadian. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being Canadian. I would not trade my citizenship for anything in this world. I am so proud of my country.
7) Music. My life would not be complete without music in it.
8) The gospel. I have lived parts of my life not living the way that the Church teaches and I have come back to living the teachings of it. I can truly say that I am so grateful for the gospel and what it has taught me in my life. I love knowing what I do. I love knowing that mny family doesn't have to de seperated at death. I love knowing it can be eternal. I love knowing I can be forgiven for bad choices I make. I love knowing that God loves me and that he loves me and all of us so much that He sent his Son to die for us. I love that God has given us a prophet to lead us and guide us and give us diretion to get back to a loving Heavenly Father.
9) I am grateful for the song, I am a Child of God. This song is by far Scott's favourite song...and is quickly becoming one of my favourites, as well. The lyrics are so soothing and give me hope every day.
10) I am grateful for Marie Callendar's so that I can go there on Canadian Thanksgiving and eat a turkey dinner without having to cook it myself.

5 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

i have got to say that in the picture of you, you totally look pregnant. not big but definitely pregnant. maybe it's just the outfit.
nice tats daddy gave scottie!!

Krystin said...

hee hee...that's one reason I had a pic taken from the side...I look more prego that way :) lol

Tonikka said...

lol the tattoo's too funny!!! scott is so adorable, you know he is gonna be a heart breaker right??

Heather said...

Ok can I say how cute your son is. SOOOOOO cute~

Nikki said...

Dang that was a long read! lol. You totally look preggers. Cuteness...Will must just cute out when he walks in the door...what with you and Scott to cute him out!