WHAT A DAY!!!
Okay, so I seriously could have done without the start of my day. Well, I guess the very start was okay...you know, wake up, eat and such, but the next part is what I coulda done without.
I was on my way to my mil's this morning. I left the apt. about 6:45. Let me paint the scene. It takes about 15 mins to get there, so at about 6:55, I am about 2/3 of the way there. Driving down Cedar Ave. southbound minding my own business, but, of course, watching what is going on around me. I am getting close to approching Barstow Ave (running East/West). I am in the inside lane, closest to the median. I have a green light. Barstow Ave. people do not. And we all know that it is perfectly legal to make a right hand turn on a red light. Right hand turn on the red lane, providing that the turn is into the first lane. Common knowledge. Well, I am always especially alert when I see something like this about to happen. I am always freaked out that someone will make that right hand turn and turn right in front of me. So, as a precautionary measure, I typically take my foot off the gas and cover the brake. Well, can you take a guess as to what happened?
Yep, not only did a person make a right hand turn onto Cedar Ave., but decided to turn into my lane, not the outside lane. Yes, folks, that would be right. Right in front of me. And saying that would be wrong, actually. Cause it was more of a her driver's door right at my front passenger side corner.
So, I slam on my brakes...screech and all, baby. Screech and all. Can you guess as to who remains completely oblivious to this and does not even go into the right hand lane. Yes, my friends, the stupid lady who made a right hand turn onto Cedar Ave. without even looking to see if I was there.
Well, since slowing down takes time, and she has yet to move out of my way, I have to turn in towards the median to ensure I don't hit her stupid self.
And I would say she should be thanking her lucky stars I didn't hit her, but she didn't even seem to notice.
She just carried on her way in my lane.
Then, as another little tidbit of funness to this whole event, we are approaching ehe next major intersection (might I emphasize MAJOR) Shaw Ave. Traffic going straight (North/South) has a green light. Traffic turning left has a red...wait let me type that again...RED arrow. Can you take a guess as to who plows right through...goes left without yielding. Oh, yeah, and going through a red arrow.
Some people must seriously get their driver's licenses from a Cheerio's box.
So, of course, my adrenailane is pumping, I'm near tears (cause near accidents do that to me) and my dear, ever so empathetic husband asks if the truck is damaged. So, I tell him no...I never dented his precious truck.
Geek. More concerned aobut his truck.
Of course, he also asks if I am okay and such and tells me he is glad that we (me, Scott and unborn child) are okay and that I was being cautious and did what I could not to hit the bimbo.
So, yeah, that was my morning. Good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
quite an ordeal you had. glad you were at least looking and didn't have an accident! be careful, don't make us worry about you!
hopefully tommorow will be a better day.sorry abou tyour accident.
that would have sent me into panic mode for sure! glad ya'll are okay!
Stuff like that freaks me out!! Hope tomorrow morning is much better!!! Krystin, how close are you to the fires??? Keep Scott and the little one safe from the 'bimbo's' on the road!!
whenever i have close encounters like this i always think its heavenly fathers way of reminding me of my blessings; that he's watching out for me....but also telling me to never play with fire (because we know there are insane folks out there) and to be a careful driver...i would never want to put anybody through what you had to go through. glad you're all okay....(the truck too..hehe)>
Post a Comment