Happy Birthday to my dear son, Scott, who is turning 1 today.
How the time has flown. I cannot believe that a year ago today, I was laying in the hospital with meds galore (oh, glorious meds) pumping through my body trying to help the little guy come into this world.
A year ago today, I cried when I saw him for the first time. Not cause he was scary just born baby-looking, but because he was (and still is) so beautiful.
I held him for the first time in my arms.
I kissed my little boy for the first time.
I made my husband a daddy again...he is such a great daddy.
I truly became a mother a year ago today.
What an amazing experience this has all been.
I have grown. I have learned. I have become a better person because of him. He has taught me so much and filled my life with so much joy. I cannot even imagine my life without him. Sometimes, I imagine my life with more sleep, but, let's be honest, that's just my imagination...lol
And always will be.
I have seen this little boy grow from a small person who can barely hold his head up (although he has been doing that since he was 4 days old...my kid rocks!!!) to a little boy (who I still must call my little baby cause I can't stand the thought of my baby not being my baby anymore) who is starting to walk.
Being a mother is such a great blessing and is worth so much. There is nothing that can compare to being a mother. It has different blessings than being a wife (which is also such a great blessing).
So, all-in-all, Scott, I love you more than words could ever say and mama wishes you a very Happy Birthday.
(Now stop being sick so you can have fun at your birthday party on Saturday!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Happy Birthday for Scott. Have a great party and show us some pictures.
Love Miranda and your dutch pal Duncan.
Happy big #1! I've enjoyed watching you grow (via internet...hehe) and I love you tonnes, but not as much as your mommy...who anyone can see adores you! Congrats on being a mommy of a 1 yr old! Motherhood is a blessing beyond blessings (even if you don't get sleep)...and you're right, time does fly!
come on, wake up already! we wanna hear all about the party and see this amazing cake!!
awww! such a sweet tribute to motherhood...gotta scrap that one!
Post a Comment