Thursday, July 17, 2008

Okay, so there is no need to chastise me. I already did that.
Is chastise even the right word???
Maybe I should say that there is no need to tell me that I am a serious slacker at updating my blog cause I already know that.
Does that work???
Solomon, my step-son, has been here for about 11 or 12 days and he just went home yesterday. While he was here, as when he is always here, we go through a distrubingly large amount of towels and laundry in general. How??? I DON'T KNOW. So, the past while, I have been up to my eyeballs in laundry and dishes and cleaning. And I have not been good at keeping up, cause sometimes, it's just ain't worth it.
I clean, just to have it messy again immediately.
So, why bother???
I do enjoy having a clean house, it's just not possible, it seems. Resulting in endless frustration.
To say the least, I am sick of laundry. Sad, really, cause I know I will be doing at least 2 more loads tomorrow.
But I do have to tell you the most adorable thing that Scott did today.
Aerin was laying on the couch. At one point, Scott did lay down next to her. He loves it. Anyways, being as he is not one to stay still for too long (unless being snuggled by Mama), he gets off the couch...and decides to play the drums...on the couch...next to Aerin's head. Very hardly and dloudly banging "the drums". "the drums" being the couch, in case you didn't get that.
Anyways, Aerin...well, she thought it was down right hilarious. She was laughing. Like full on laughing.
It was so adorable.
Of course, the laughs fueled the fire and he would bang louder and harder...and she would keep laughing.
It was so cute.
And, as you can imagine, by the time I got the camera, the fun was over.
But it was so cute.
He loves her so much. He loves making her smile and still loves giving her all the kisses that he can.
And she takes his abuse. She is such a trooper. That kid pokes her eyes, smacks her on the head while playing "the drums", steps on her head trying to get over her on the bed...and she just takes it. Rarely cries over it.
She is so happy. Here we are at 11:52 pm. She is wide awake sitting on my lap watching me type. And whenever I look at her...all smiles. She knows she should be sleeping. And whenever I tell her that, she just smiles at me...huge smiles.
Dang, this kid is easy to love.
Scott has started talking more lately. He has been saying "Mama" for quite some time now but just this week has actually looked at me and said it. I went to pic him up from nursery this week at church and when he saw me he said "Mama. Mama."
I tell ya, that will melt anyone's heart.
He said "Baby" a couple of times yesterday while looking at Aerin. He is trying to say "Bye" now, too. When Daddy goes to work, he gives him tons of kisses, waves bye-bye and says "Bye."
Okay, so I should tell you that I started this last night but I am finishing it today (Thursday).
So, you know how I was telling you about how Aerin was still awake super late lst night as I was typing this??? Yeah, I think we finally got to bed around 1am.
Oh my gosh. I so have to tell you this.
Scott is crazy.
This past week he has decided it would be fun to try eating the dog food and drinking her water. Not by picking it up with his hands and putting it in his mouth, but rather, putting his face into it (like the dog).
I have never seen something so hilarious.
And, no, I don't actually let him g through with the attempt. He is always stopped.
But to just see him with his face at the dog dish trying to pick it up with his mouth is funny.
Maybe I have a sick sense of humour.
Overall, life is pretty good.
We are trying to find a house to rent so we can get out of the apartment and have a yard and such. We are gonna wait to buy a house until the market just starts to creep up again. I don't want to wait, but it doesn't make sense to buy before then. KWIM???
Well, I guess that is all for now.
Oh, yeah, I should also mention that today is Aerin's 4 month birthday.
Where has the time gone???
Here are a few odd pics from the rest of our time in Canada.

Both these pics are of us at The Legislature.



Scott decided to wear Aerin's headband for Canada Day. I swear he put it on himself.


Fireworks on Canada Day. Laurenne's camera for some reason says July 2, even though it was July 1.


A couple of pics from Canada Day.



Aerin with Auntie Kari-Lynn at Girl's Night.


This pic is just too cute. Scott's first time down the slide by himself. Typically I hold his hand on the way down. Not this time. I think it was a little faster than he was expecting.


Outdoor spray park. So much fun.


Poor Scotie had a long day of shopping...and then fell asleep in the cart we had.


In a hammock in Grandma's backyard.


Aerin and Scott on Canada Day.



Scott, like me, is not a fan of mascots...as you can see, he is trying very hard to get away from Sparky.

2 comments:

broberts said...

man...just when i think i'm caught up on commenting you go and do another post!!! and now i'm the first one to comment! yeah! no...it's good...i love updates. k..so the first pic is so stinking cute!!! anyways...there's a million things i could comment on about your post...but i'll just leave it at this: you are such a good mommy and the love you have for your adorable kiddies is so evident in everything you do! the world needs more mommy's like you!

Kimmarie Baker said...

I enjoyed all your pictures! The kids are so adorable and getting big so fast!