I am sure you all want to know about my trip to Canada, which, although lasted 3 weeks, was not nearly enough time to see and do all I wanted.
Isn't that the way it always goes???
I have a ridiculous amount of pictures of the trip (from 2 cameras), and because of that, I think I may do a few posts over time to show you all the fun we had.
Sadly, there are some adventures I do not think I documented with the camera. How shameful of me.
So, one camera is finished uploading and the other is in the process and HOLY DANG!!! I got about 450 pics total.
For the first week I was there, all of us were there. My sis, Michelle and her husband, Tony and their kids, Madisyn and Kian came up from upstate NY. We filled that whole week with a lot of fun.
Them and us both got in on the night of June 10th (Tuesday)...us a couple hours later than them.
The next day, so Wednesday, we headed to Galaxyland. Nothing like getting any rest before we start on the fun...lol
We spent the first part of the day in the kids playarea. There was this lady who worked there, who truth be told, took her job just a wee bit too seriously and had this thing with following me around telling me what to do and where to take my kid.
It was weird. Everywhere I walked, she followed telling my "You can do this" or "You can do that." I mean, she was totally invading the personal space thing...lol
Oh, yeah, and really, do ya really expect 1 yr. olds to stop throwing balls in a ball area???
Anyhoo, good times.
We went on this one crazy fun ride where I had $$$ in my pocket and I so thought it would be safe until I felt it fall up my shirt during the ride...Kari-Lynn was all excited after the ride cause she found all this money by her feet...lol
She was quite sad to find out it was mine...if it had been some other poor shmuchk's money that woulda been a different story...but since it was mine, yeah, she had to give it back.
But, "What???" you ask. I thought you said money went up my shirt.
Well, yes, siree, Bob, it did. I think I must kept finding $$$ for at least an hour...lol
Something would feel funny and I would go digging (for lack of a better term) and out would come some $$$. I tell ya, I felt like a magician pulling money out of my shirt. I am sure that not everyone can do that.
So, I know you can't see his face in this pic, but it is just too darn cute not to share...
This is in the kids playarea leaving one of the areas that the crazy lady followed us to.
And here is my beautiful girl. Isn't she just so cute???
The next day (Thursday) was photoshoot day. We spent a bunch of time trying to make our children cooperate with us to have pictures done. That went well...lol
Aerin was a much more willing subject than Scott was.
Sadly, those pics are not on my camera...they are on Kari-Lynn's. But the deal is that we are all going to make copies to disc of pics taken in Canada and send to each other.
So, at some point in time, I will have those pics.
But I do have some pics of Scott still partially dressed in his outfit...here's one.
"Stay back. I am ruler of this trampoline and I say who can and who can't go on it!!!"
One day I am sure he will get payback for showing pics of him naked while only wearing a kilt...lol
The next day, Friday we went to Mum's house to celebrate Madisyn's 2nd birthday and Scott decided to have his share of the food...
You know that in this pic he is just saying,
"Do not even try to pull me away from this food. It will so not work."
On Saturday we went to Millennium Place in Sherwood Park. They have a smallish waterpark there with a wave pool.
This was Aerin's first time in a pool. She doesn't seem to mind it.
Scott needed some convincing. This is him all kinds of snuggled up with Auntie Kari-Lynn.
I sure do love that kid. He just makes my heart melt.
After that we drove out to Auntie Helen's house. I haven't seen her or her family in 2 years. Brittany was there with Kaedance. Scott and Helen have 2 horses (I got to ride one). Auntie just fell in love with Scott (who can blame her). We had a nice dinner and a great time just hanging out.
Helping Auntie Helen clean up a mess he probably helped make. :)
Brittany (my cousin) and her daughter, Kaedance.
On Sunday, the 15th, was dinner at my Dad's house. Scott, of course, was all about taking control of the food table.
On Monday, we decided to do some more pics of the kids. We had bought the girls (Madisyn, Maigan and Aerin) matching dresses and the boys (Scott and Kian) matching shirts from Children's Place. I do not have many pics of this on my camera, just a few I snapped myself. Once again, they are all on Kari-Lynn's camera.
Aerin and Kian. Kian is exactly 7 weeks younger than Aerin.
Sometime during this week we also had pictures of us sisters taken. I can't recall exactly what day, though. It may have been on the 17th, but I just don't remember. We took them mainly so we could put them together as a birthday present for our Mum. She was given them on her birthday and she really liked them. We bought matching shirts in different colours and wore them. We had group and individual pics done. Nikki was nice enough to do them for us.
Tuesday night was the night for goodbye's for Michelle and her family. They were leaving the next morning. Poor Scott was so sad to see Auntie Michelle go. He was crying and wouldn't let go of her. When she had to put him down cause it was making her cry, he would cry more and hold onto her. It was a sad goodbye for them. We will have to see them more often.
Well, that is my blog for my first week in Edmonton.
In a few days, I will post about my next week...don't wanna make this post any longer...and I gotta give you time to read it before adding another post.
Hope you enjoyed reading.






6 comments:
I am sad I missed you when you were up
p.s your kids are so cute
I so love the picture of Scott in his kilt. Duncan has to have one, gotta find one over here very soon. It looks lovely.
Aren't they growing up fast?
It was fun to see you and your adorable family! Glad you made it home safe and sound and I look forward to your next visit!
okay stalker, didn't want u 2 c that i viewed ur blog & not commented so all i am saying is how fun was that visit?!?! :)
and p.s. don't be looking 4 a update from me 4 2 reasons: u've done a good enuf job about our wk there & it's been so long since we have been back, what's the point! but seriously i do need 2 update my blog about returning 2 work and tony leaving me for 9 nine and of course, everyone needs 2 c our adorably fabulous children again!!
ok...i actually have and extra minute to comment on your blog. i want you to know that i check faithfully...or stalk...for updates!
loved seeing you guys and am so glad you had such a good trip! i love your kiddies!!!
Post a Comment