Will my poor boy ever catch a break???
He was fevering bad last night (peaked at 103.2 f) and was having a really hard time sleeping. He fell asleep at about 5pm, would sleep for about 30 mins, and then wake up. A few mins later, he would fall asleep again for about 30 mins, then wake up...he did this literally about 4 or 5 times. Every half hour...I know cause I have a timer that I click every time he wakes up and falls asleep so I can track how long his naps last.
Anyways, I put him in my bed last night cause I have a fan directly above my bed, he does not so I figured it would help keep him cooler. Yeah, that didn't actually help. Well, I guess he may have had a higher temp had he been in his room or at last a bit more uncomfortable in his room without the fan being as effective to keep him cooler.
Anyways, so, just wanting to make sure he is okay, I get him in to the Dr. today.
Can you guess???
Not likely.
Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease (HFMD)
I haven't even heard of it. So, I just checked it out on the net...
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/enterovirus/hfhf.htm
The only thing I can think of is that he must have gotten it from nursery. We've been at home all week other than going to the park.
It doesn't matter to me really where he got it form, it's just that the poor kid can't catch a break. Heck, just a few weeks back he had croupe.
His ear infections seem to be getting a lot less frequent, though.
Tonight was a battle getting him to stay asleep...he is just so miserable...and who can blame him??? Not me.
Plus, when I was talking to the Dr. today, I told him about how Aerin has only had a bowel movement 3 times since July 3. Yeah, so not kidding. He told me she needs food now. And that is why she is not going to the bathroom regularly. He was saying that she needs more bulk, basically...that breastmilk (even though she is eating every 2-2.5 hrs.) is just not enough for her anymore. She needs more.
Seriously??? My baby is only 4 months old. I could hardly believe it. Solid foods already??? I think Scott was about 5 months when he had me start him on solids. It's just amazing how fast they grow up.
I love their Dr. We used to go to church with him in our last ward, and then we moved to another ward. I don't know what I will do when he decides to retire. He is such a great doctor. I love how he interacts with the kids.
Anyways, getting off track.
Either way, tonight will be another long night, I am sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
All I can say is some awful nice Mom is working hard for this lucky family - and what a lucky kid has a dog who'll let him sleep on him - usually it's the other way around isn't it? Maybe I'm thinking of cats.
Post a Comment