Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Well, here's an update of my week...since it's been a week and a couple days since I last posted.
Let's see, last week, I finally picked a family dr. for myself and was lucky enough to get in immediately. It was going to be at least a month wait, but luckily, they had a cancellation for the next day so I was able to get in. Why is it that if you are already a patient you can get in immediately, but new patients gotta wait 1-3 months to get in...cause typically we are trying to get in cause something is wrong.
Either way, I got in.
I went in cause back when I was in Canada, I started getting dizzy spells...and they hae not stopped...and it's, well, more than a month later.
So, the pediatrician (yes, I asked him about it first) told me it was important enough to find a dr. for and get it looked at. Well, ears are fine (not an inner ear problem) and all my lab results came back normal (that is always good). But he has decided to send me to a neurologist. So, at some point in time, I will be going to a neurologist. Lucky me.
Will has been working crazy amounts of overtime in the past while so this next weekend we are looking at going away for a couple days. I don't know exactly where yet, he is looking at a bunch of places along the coast so he can go fishing. So, that should be really nice...just to get away for a bit.
Scott is starting to talk more now. He is always calling me "Mama". He calls a banana "nana". He will say "baby" and, of course, "Daddy". He is constantly babbling words that make sense to him, so he is well on his way to speaking more.
Aerin doesn't stop talking. That kid is a little chatterbox. In face, she has her first nickname.
Let me explaina bit before I tell you what it is. It seems like all the kids have a nickname that has something to do with an animal. Camille...chameleon. Solomon...solomander (like salamander), Scott...rodent (cause he gets into everything he is not supposed to)...and Aerin...gabby gator. Gabby Gator was apparently (cause I am too young to know this) an alligator that talked all the time. And since Aerin doesn't stop talking, Gabby Gator seemed fitting.
She is such a happy kid. Scott is and always has been super happy, but nothing compared to Aerin. That kid has just got the hugest and prettiest smile...and it takes nothing to make her smile, either.
Well, I was trying to upload a pic of Scott and Aerin together, but blogger isn't letting me. I guess you will just have to wait to see pics.
Really, not a whole lot is going on right now.
Scott is currently going through a climbing phase. He loves to climb on the toilet, reach the sink and wash his hands...he even turns on the tap himself. It's so funny to see.
I made both him and Aerin a blanket and pillow this past week, as well. Hers is white with flowers on it, his, currently, is plain blue, but I plan on buing some yellow fabric and putting a star on both his pillow and blanket. They both love them. The pillows are filled with rice and tea bags. SO, technically, they could be warmed up, but I don't plan on it.
I have pics of Aerin wrapped in her blanket and with her pillow, but not Scott yet. Plus, I would rather show you it when it has the star on it, cause then it will be so much cuter.
Well, I guess that is all for now.

No comments: