Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Last weekend we decided to go on a trip. Will has been working crazy amounts of overtime lately and needed a break. So, the question just came down to, "Where do we go?"
Will and I have not been to Monterey since before Scott was born, so this is where we decided to go. It is, by far, one of the single most beautiful places on earth, I am sure. I am sure part of that is due to the fact that it holds such a special place in our hearts as this is where we got married (well, we actually got married in Pacific Grove, which is right next door). But, I am confindent that even people who were not married there agree with me on its beauty.
On our way there we always like to stop at Casa De Fruta. It is a fruit stand just after Pacheco Pass that has a camping site, hotel, restaurant, fruit stand, train. All kinds of good stuff. While Will and Solomon were inside, I took a couple pics of Scott in front of the fountain and this is my favourite.

We went fishing. Sadly, the only fish caught was an anchovie. Okay, fine, the guy behind us did hook a pelican, but I don't think that was what he was going for. ;)
We spent a lot of time on the beach. Who doesn't love watching the ocean waves crash into shore??? One part particularly cold part of our trip, I did take the kids back to the truck and watched a movie.
Scott wanted to fish, so here I am helping him. This was taken in a town named Capitola on the pier.

This is when the boys were surf fishing on the beach in Moss Landing. Now, fyi, when I say 'the boys' I mean Will and Solomon. This is where it was so cold that I took the kids back to the truck. Will and Solomon were troopers and stayed out fishing. This pic is actually of Solomon looking for sand crabs. I thought it was a neat pic.

Oh, goodness, what else is new???
Oh, yeah, our second day of our trip we actually stayed in Monterey. We went to Cannery Row as well as The Wharf. It's not kinda tradition...it's totally tradition. We found two little bull terrier puppy dog toys...dressed as pirates :) One girl. One boy. Guess who got toys???

Aerin loves toys, Scott, well, not so much, but I tell ya, both of them took to these dogs like you wouldn't believe. They both love them.
Aerin has such a pretty smile. I tried to capture it on camera, sadly, my pics did turn out blurry, but tis one is just barely good enough that I can show you her beautiful smile.

I have more pics of Scott being his funny self, but I will put those on his blog.
It has been crazy hot here. Our a/c stopped working and we called yesterday to get it fixed and they came today...what a relief. Turns out the filter just needd replaced. I hae never in my life seen a more filthy filter. And to think we were breathing that crap.
The past couple days have been nothing but cleaning for me. I gotta admit, though, it sure is nice to see a difference and not not see clutter. I have been doing laundry. I even got the treat of a lifetime...I got to go to Target yesterday.
I love Target, and to be honest, it feels like it has been forever since I have been there. I got the coolest cell phone cover EV-A!!! lol
Actually, I will take a pic of it and show you...cause it is that cool. (Michelle, you won't like it...hee hee)

One last thing I must tell you.
I made dinner all by myself last night.
Now, I know that that statement alone is not that impressive sounding, but what if I told you, that me making dinner all by myself last night, included lighting the charcoal bbq that I have never lit before...not using lighter fluid.
Solomon, Scott and Will were at the pool swimming and I decided to try it. I figured Will would come home and tell me one of two thing..."You suck" (cause I totally did it wrong) or "You rock, baby" (cause I did it right).
Solomon came back to drop off Scott and I told him dinner was almost ready, that the bbq was already lit so to not be much longer. Apparently, Solomon went and told Will that I lit the bbq already and Will said, "You are such a liar. She doesn't even know how to light the bbq."
Hee hee. I showed him...lol
I told Solomon that I really didn't blame him for saying that due to the fact that I really had never done it before and really wasn't sure that I was doing it right or not. You see, to light the charcoal, it has to be sat in some sort of chimney looking device that has a compartment below for paper to light. The fire from the lit paper goes into the top compartment and lights the charcoal...then once it's hot enough, you dump put the coals. Well, see, I didn't really know if you are supposed to wait until the coals are no longer on fire to dump 'em, or if you still want them on fire...either way, I winged it. And I totally rocked the bbq.
To say the least, I got the "You rock, baby."
So totally proud of myself. :)
Well, I guess that is all for now here, but please do go check out Scott's blog. Trust me, it will be worth your time.
You know, I just gotta add one last pic.
Aerin loves her Daddy so much and I love how she looks at him. And this picture captures it so well.

I sure love my family.
I am blessed.

3 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

sounds like it was all around good time away from home for you guys...everyone needs those now and then. and, yes, you are right, i don't like your new cellphone cover!! :) however, i do love all your pictures!

Anonymous said...

i personally like your new cell phone cover just fine! and that picture at the end is awesome!

Leslie said...

LOL at your surprising Will w/the bbq. We went fishing over the weekend - at a creek though - we were lucky with our catches! Aerin looks so sweet in that last photo with daddy. Just precious!