Saturday, August 02, 2008

Nothing you say can ever make me believe that I do not have the World's Cutest Children.

I am sorry. I know all of my regular readers (and not so regular readers) who have kids, definitely have cute kids, but they aren't the World's Cutest. ;)

And I know, that if any of you were asked, you would tell me the same thing about your kids. I think it is a rite of passage as a parent. We just see the uber-cuteness in out kids and can't imagine anyone cuter...unless, of course, a child is a devil child.

And I guess when it comes right down to it, we all do have the World's Cutest Kids. Every parent is the proud parent of the World's Cutest Kid. Aren't I right???

My boy is lucky he is so cute, cause I tell ya, sometimes I wonder if he made a pact with the Devil to drive me mentally insane. I like to think that what he puts me through on a daily basis will help me achieve a certain level of sanity when the terrible two's arrive in the not so distant future. That, maybe, just maybe, I will have enough practice before the time arrives. Please, do wish my luck.

Today, he decided to not only knock the swing down while Aerin was in it (luckily it is a stow-and-go one, so it sits very close to the floor), but then proceeds to fold the chair while she is still in it. I tell ya, I walk down the hall for 2 seconds to come back to find a child standing innocently by a swing (on the floor) with a baby folded in half in the seat. Okay, she wasn't actually folded in half, she was laying kinda sideyways in the folded seat of the swing. Either way, she wasn't comfortable anymore.

Seriously.

Then, she is playing on the floor awhile later, playing with toys...and he sits on her. Hello, get off of her. He's obedient.

Oh, he is a handful. But he loves her.

I keep a bottle of water in the diaper bag for whenever to go out if I need to make her a bottle. I don't like nursing in public, so I will just give her bottles on those rare occasions. Anyhoo, he decided to take it out and drink the majority of the water. No biggie. It's not like it's hard to wash, or anything. But then, goes to the floor, takes out her soother (aka pacifier) and gives her the bottle of water. It was so sweet to watch him feeding her.



And now my boy is trying to drink from a big boy cup. I decided to give him a very small amount of milk in a cup and he just loved it. He got quite the cute milk mustache from it, of course.



Oh, and how he loves giving her kisses. Okay, fine, of how he loves giving everyone (and everything) kisses except me. He kisses his books, his toys, the dog, Daddy, Aerin, Solomon...but not Mama. Will and I were telling each other the other day of how we are both actually kinda jealous of each other.

I am jealous of him cause he gets hugs, kisses, and waves bye-bye everytime that he leaves the house. I don't get any of the above. Will is jealous that Scott is so close to me in other ways. Like how he screams and cries when I leave and how I get snuggles like nobody's business. He will climb on my lap and snuggle with me almost anytime of day. But he won't with Daddy.

So, it's just kinda funny that he is close to each of us in our own ways, but we both want some of the closeness that the other one has.

We are both so lucky to have the love of such a wonderful boy.

And Aerin, oh, what a happy girl she is.

Scott was a happy kid and still is. But Aerin is always smiling and laughing...unless she is tired...and then the beast is released...lol

I was in the shower yesterday morning and Aerin was crying. So Will picked her up and everytime he would look at her, she would smile a huge smile. He would look away and look back just to get another big smile. How she loves her Daddy.

Anyways, back to Scott giving kisses. Here is a picture of him giving her kisses today.



Scott is in this phase right now of wearing everyone's shoes. It is so cute. I wish I could get better pics of it than I have. He goes around wearing my sandals, my high heels (in pink), Will's work boots, his church shoes, Solomon's shoes...he tried on of Aerin's today, but that didn't work out so well for him...lol



I tried putting him down for a nap at a reasonable hour and that just did not work out for me...sadly.

And this is what I found...at what I like to call a not reasonable hour for a nap. (approx. 5 pm)



Shawnessy is so good with him. I have never met a more tolerant dog than her...and this boy really pushes his luck sometimes with her...and she just takes it.

Well, I guess that is all for now.

Until next time.

Now, if you have made it this far, I commend you. But I would also like to let you know that Scott's blog has been udpated, FINALLY, so please feel free to go read it, too.

5 comments:

Miranda said...

What a great shots. Duncan has no little baby girl or brother, but last time we found him with a teddybear and his own bottle and he was doing just the same, so sweet.

Seems like Scott sleeps in the most strangest places, LOL.

Michelle Denault said...

i exercise my right as a parent to say that my kids are the world's cutest kids ever!!! :) but we all know that yours are pretty darn adorable themselves, but who's aren't?!?!

Anonymous said...

cute...i love the one of him sleeping with shawnessy!

Leslie said...

I think this post rivals the lengths of my posts! LOL I always have loooooooooooong ones! Your kiddos are pretty cute but I will NOT get into a brawl on whose are cuter. ;) LOL Congrats to Scott on the big boy cup.

broberts said...

those are definitely cute kids...we'll just say that mine are in a different category, so you can't compare them (plural as in #2 will be just as cute as kaedance)...anyways...don't know about that dog of yours though..haha!