Friday, September 26, 2008

Well, I am happy to say that we did not have the flu.
We had rotavirus.
Much better, huh???
So, I can proudly maintain my streak of never having the flu.
Now, as for other news.
Aerin had her 6 month check-up yesterday.
She is still a tiny little angel.
She weighed in at 13lbs 11oz. (10th percentile)
And she was 26" long (50th percentile)
Since her 4 month check-up she has only gained 1 lb 3 oz.
The Dr. said to start her on real food now. Potatoes, pasta, rice, toast, yogurt, cheese and such. The kid doesn't even have teeth yet. We tried a cracker today and that didn't go over so well. Will needs to vaccuum today...lol
Wanna hear a super funny story. It is really a somewhat "a not the brightest bulb on the christmas tree moment" story based on "MOI" and I think you will enjoy it.
The battery died on the truck yesterday so I got stranded at the grocery store with the kids on a day that my MIL's truck thermometer claimed it to be 128 degrees. My MIL came and rescued me and the kids. She picked up Will on the way.
I drove the truck home (after the tow truck got it started) with strict instructions many a times, "Do not turn the truck off. Go straight home and park the truck backwards. Do not turn it off before then."
Very strict instructions.
So, what does Krystin do when she drives into the apartment complex??? I go check the mail...using a key ring that does not include the truck key. But this is the fun part. Krystin always takes the key out of the iginiton to check the mail cause the kids are in the truck...and obviously, I don't need someone stealing the truck with my kids in it. But can you guess the problem with my little habit of taking the keys out of the ignition???
Yeah. I get back in and the truck won't start...lol
I had to push the truck back to my apartment.
Which I did.
Pushing it backwards into the parking stall proved to be much more difficult than pushing it forwards, though. Lucky for me, the guy who lives 3 doors down had just drove up, so he assisted me.
I was even gutsy enough to admit this to Will and my MIL. To say the least, they were quite impressed with my ability to push the truck by myself. It really is quite a beastly and manly big truck...with extra big tires (which makes it harder to push...but I am woman, hear me roar...lol)
So, that's my funny story for the day.
Oh, as for other news.
I have been officially asked to be a bridesmaid next summer in my SIL's wedding. I am so super excited. It is going to be up at Bass Lake. Aerin is going to be a flower girl. I have already started my weight loss regimen...if you wanna call it that
I am going to the gym everyday. Well, not the past few since we had rotavirus...but I am officially down in the high 170's...ehcih is below my weight at my wedding...so I am happy about that. And I was at the before I got sick, so it wasn't the sickness that made me lose the weight.
My plan is to go to one class a day. Be it yoga, pilates, kickboxing or stome sort of body sculpting class. Then after the class I go on the treadmill.
I want to be back down to 160 for the wedding. I think that is a very attainable goal.
Well, I guess that is all to tell you about for now.
TTFN.

4 comments:

broberts said...

funny thing...aerin does sounds so tiny...but kaedance was about her weight around 9 months and is about just as long as she is right now...wow aerin must be skinny and tall. maybe kaedance is 28 inches by now...but, that's crazy! and yeah for starting on solids!!! oh...and good luck with the work out plans!!!

Nikki said...

That was a funny Krystin story. You can totally reach your weight loss goals!!!

Wren said...

I can totally see you doing that, Krystin. So, see how alike we are? I finished my latest post with TTFN and I hadn't even read your blog yet. Funny, huh?

Kimmarie Baker said...

You are so funny - but I don't like leaving the key in the ignition with the kids either... but the mail wouldn't have gone anywhere. lol Good luck with your weight - you can do it especially if you pushed a big truck like that. Hope you all feel better.