Monday, February 23, 2009

February has been a fun month...lots of new things.
Aerin is growing up so gosh darn fast.
My baby is going to be 1 in less than a month...I can hardly believe it. She is an absolutely hilarious kid. Scott can make her laugh like nobody's business.
My girlie has 8 teeth. She is just like Scottie in that way...all it took was 1 tooth coming in, and the rest followed.
She is standing really well now...I took 4 pictures in a row a couple weeks back and she just stood there...She took her first unassisted step yesterday...and then did it again today. By Scott's 1st birthday, he was taking 5 or 6 steps at a time, so we will see how quickly she progresses. She tries really hard, so I wouldn't doubt it if she is the same as Scott in that way. She has been walking along couches and walls and such for a while now...and she walks really well with only 1 hand being held. She is just growning up so fast...and I love her to pieces.
Here she is standing...this was pic 4 of those consecutive pics I was talking about...you may also like to take notice of the "tattoos" on Scott's legs. He got ahold of a pen and had fun.

And a closeup of his artwork.

So, this year I decided to be Visiting Teacher of the Month...lol
I got this idea from a lady on the LDS families board at www.babycenter.com who decided to make them for the sisters she VT's...well, a few of us decided to do that, as well.
All I can say, is that not only did we enjoy the leftovers, but the lady's (and their families) enjoyed them greatly, too. I also made them for the sister missionaries in our ward.
The funny thing is that it was supposed to just be the pettifores, but then I thought, "Well, that just isn't enough, let's make cupcakes, too"...but 4 cupcakes didn't fill the plate, so I had to fill the plate, so I had to make more cupcakes...lol
Once I got started, I just couldn't stop.

Here's my boy enjoying a cupcake from our batch.

Our family never eats cold cereal for breakfast. I hate the stuff...you pay way too much for what you get...so for breakfasts, we eat homemade pancakes, or omelettes or anything that takes a ridiculous amount of time to make compared to cold cereal...lol
This particular day was blueberry pancakes...of which Aerin has never had.
I think she enjoyed them.
Mmmmmmmmmmm, blueberry pancakes.

Scott has learned how to climb the linen closet. We used to keep medicines (and some household chemicals) in there, on one of the higher shelves...to say the least, we have had to find a new home for them now.



I have no words to describe these next three pictures.



Well, that takes us up to the middle of the month.
I will let you all read this and comment, of course, then I will do the second half of the month later...I PROMISE!!!

1 comment:

broberts said...

i don't even know what to write after seeing those last pics!!!! haha.....those are one of those incidents that has been recorded and will haunt scottie for the rest of his life...like at his wedding when his mommy and daddy warn his bride of what he's like with kids. hehe! thanks for updating and i look forward to the next half!