Saturday, June 20, 2009

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY '09

I want to wish my wonderful husband a super happy Father's Day today.
He really is a fantastic father, and as the kids get older, I see it more and more every day.
He has such a super bond with Aerin. She loves him so much...he is her world. He has told me that one of the best things about her is that he never chose her to be super close to, but she chose him. She just adores him and has from the start.
Scottie loves his Daddy, don't get me wrong, but he is more likely to choose his Mummy over his Daddy.
It's so fun to see them get to know each other better and to see Will teaching them. Will, me and the kids went to Monterey last month and I got some pictures of Scottie sitting next to his Daddy holding the fishing pole, fishing with Daddy. I am excited for Scott to get older and to have Daddy take him on fishing and hunting trips with him. I sure hope he loves it like his Daddy.
I hope Aerin does, too. I hope that she will always look up to him and he will be her hero.
He is a wonderful husband who loves me so much. He is a good man and I am lucky to have him.
For Father's Day '09, I decided to make him his own "burger and fries".
By "burger and fries", I really mean, a "hamburger" made from cupcake, brownie, icing and sesame seeds and by "fries", I mean sugar cookies cut in the shape of fries and sprinkled in sugar.
I got this idea from my favourite baking blog http://bakerella.blogspot.com
I am sorry, but I must admit that the pics I got do not do the "burgers and fries" any justice at all. They look much better in real life.

I would also like to add that I hope all my other family and friends (who are Daddy's) have a super fun and Happy Father's Day.

2 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

they look yummy. did Will enjoy them? you are more creative and patient than me to actually make them but they turned out great!!

Krystin said...

Yeah, he really did like them. He liked the difference in texture between the brownie and cupcake...he thought they were awesome.
They actually weren't too difficult to make, so I'm glad about that. :)