Monday, May 14, 2007

Okay, so I am just going to start off with an apology for seriously procrastinating an update of everything that has gone on in the past couple of weeks...
I have been trying to unpack, clean my house, and just get organized...
I am currently uploading all my pics and videos from my trip, so while that is being done, I will write of what has gone on...
alright, what has gone on???
well, 2 weeks ago...actually, I guess it was 3 weeks ago, I headed out to go to NY...now the days I was flying out did not coordinate with Will's schedule, so I stayed a few days before I left for Ny at my sil's up by Sacramento...now a whole lot went on for those few days...we went shopping one night, I watched a bazillion movies while she (my sil) was working, we went out for dinner...just really hung out and enjoyed each other's company...
on Sat. 28, we (Scott and I) flew out of Sacramento to Syracuse...we had to be there at a ridiculous hour of day (6 am, I think)...I tell ya, that infant carrier was a lifesaver...we flew into Chicago and had a small layover there...on the way there we watched the movie, The Holiday...it was an interesting movie...really weird how it was done...unfortunately, it took me a while to figure it out cause I had missed the first few minutes with taking care of Scott...his first plane ride was really good...he didn't sleep on take-off but the increase in air pressure didn't seem to bother him...
when we arrived in Chicago, the place was huge!!! I had to walk from one terminal to another (must've been the other side of the airport) and they had one of those moving walkways and had really neat lights on the ceiling above it...
we didn't have to wait long before boarding to go to Syracuse...and it was a much shorter flight...we arrived safe and sound and it was so great to see Michelle and Madisyn waiting for us at the gate...she was so grown up...yes, Michelle, I'm talking about you...lol
hee hee, nah, Madisyn was so grown up...we traded babies immediately...Michelle was saying how Scott's pictures do him no justice...that's he's so much cuter thant he pictures...I must agree :)
we got my bags and then headed to Babies 'R Us...I love it there...we got some really cute clothes for him there...we then went to Wendy's and headed home...
one thing that was great about being there (among many things) were that Madisyn has LOTS of toys...I have been struggling to figure out toys to buy Scott cause there are well, only 1 toy he likes...but being there, he got to play with all kinds of toys and now I know what he likes :)
this was by far his favourite toy...

a couple of days later, Kari-Lynn came with Maigan...they flew into Ottawa and since I cannot cross the border, Tony and Scott and I just hung out at home that day...it was so great to see all of them together...
all the babies are basically the same size...which is impressive since Scott is 4 months younger than Maigan and 5.5 months younger than Madisyn...Scott is a bit shorter, though...
Kari-Lynn did a couple of photo shoots of the babies and the pics turned out so good...we had so much "fun" trying to get them to sit still...lol
on Wednesday, we got to go to Watertown to meet SBO ladies...it was so much fun...we got to meet Julie-Ann, Marti, Kristin, Rachel and Patti...Marti was gracious enough to let us all meet at her house...they were all so wonderful and we had such a great time :)
on the way out, we got in a smallish car accident...it totally sucked, but at least nobody was hurt...and that is what is important :)
poor Madisyn had an awful fever for the first few days...she did go to the dr. one day and came home with suckers for her cousins...well, it was the first sucker that either of her cousins had ever had...
I'd show you a pic, but it's kinda blurry...oh, well...KL probably has a better one to email me...ah, heck, I'll show you anyways...

other things we did during the week...
we went for a walk and ended up hanging out at the park...we saw a wooden train play set in someone's backyard...so cool...kids went on the swings (first time for Scott) and it was super cute!!! they had so much fun laughing and smiling...I love how in this picture he is sucking his thumb...the child has a total addiction...and it is proven in this picture...

we got pictures taken on them at Walmart, too...we got them mathcing outfits...well, as matching as they could be considering there were 2 girls and a boy :) I think one of the funniest parts of that experience was the photo ladies thinking that Scott was the one who could sit and the girls could not sit yet...which really is only funny to us who know that it is the exact opposite...but th pics turned out so cute and I cannot wait to get them...we got one package of all of them together which we are going to split up between us and then each ordered a package of our own kids...
another thing I loved about NY is all the dollar stores...I'm not a cheapo or anything, but you just gotta love dollar stores...I spent so much money in there...especialy in the scrapbook sections...
we bought homemade licorice by the Amish (and it is super yummy)...I know I am totally jumping around here, but I tend to be kinda scatter-brained...lol
the next day we spent the morning in the mall in Watertown and then they took me to the airport...it was sad to leave...we had so much fun and it was so great to see them again...
Scott had a great plane trip home...just as we were about to land, I struck conversation with a couple of people on the plane sitting behind me who were members of the church...I ahd heard them talking about church related things (Young Women's camp, the temple) and as I stood up, started conversation with them telling them that I was LDS, too...turns out the man served his mission with a man from Edmonton...who I know...and there was another man in his zone also from Edmonton who I also know...how funny is that???
I meet a man on an airplane from CA, who knows two men from my home in Canada that I know...the church makes the world so small...
Christine, Collin and my MIl picked me up at the airport...
they bought me a matching bling phone cover...so, all three of us have the same phone with the same bling cover (well, my bling is a little different cause they couldn't get the same colours) but it's still the same...
they also bought Scott the shoes I almost bought in NY for him and some sunglasses and swim clothes (which I have put in and taken out of my cart a few times at Target)...lol
this is him with the sunglasses...

on Sunday, we went to a place called Fairytale Town...it is a place that is decorated like a bunch of fairytales...jacka nd the beanstock, Conderalla's stagecoach, Peter Rabbit...it was super cute...you even had to duck (well, adults did) to get intot he entrance cause the entrance is so short...since I have posted lots of pictures here on my blog, I will post the pics of Fairytale Town on Scott's blog...that way you will be sure to go see and comment on his blog, too...
on Monday, i had to take Christine to work in Sacramento so I could use her jeep...she was going out of town for a couple of days and I had to take the kids to their dad's house in the mornings...well, on my way out of Sacramento, I ended up on the road to Tahoe...which is not the road the road to her house...lol
I called her at work and was like, I don't think I'm on the I-5...yep, I wasn't...well, she got me turned around, but then I missed my turnoff (the 99 exit...an alternative route) cause traffic was so backed up and nobody would let me in, I started crying and was trying not to stress (this is why I hate driving in strange places) but just kept driving until I saw a sign for an exit to the I-5...I finally got home and I was just so happy to be there :)
so, basically, we just hung out...then on Wednesday, i had to drive out to the Sacramento airport to pick up Christine...luckily, I did not get lost...Will came and picked me up that night and we drove home...
it was nice to be away, but it was so nice to be home...
I had no idea how much I missed my bed...it was so soft and comfy and I was so dang comfy in it :)
the next day was Scott's 5 month check-up and i will be posting his weight and height there...
well, I guess that is all for now...
I know, it wasn't much of an update and it's so short, and it only took me 1 hr and 6 mins. to type, but hey, there just wasn't much to say ;)
fyi, I apologize for any spelling mistakes I missed, but I have no desire to go back and read all of this...

5 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

what a cool dude with the sunglasses on. now we know what you did in sacramento

Wren said...

He is so cute. I love your lost story. Love ya and miss ya.

broberts said...

sounds like an awesome trip. and your babe is so darn handsome. i love the pics. that's a cool toy that mady had...i didn't know they had those. and i just happen to have a bouncing baby and can't wait until she's big enough for one of those so she can bounce herself (by then i'm gonna have super muscels).

Tonikka said...

sounds like you had an awesome time...

Nikki said...

"I am totally jumping around here, but I tend to be kinda scatter-brained...lol" That made me ROFL. Miss you and glad you had such a great getaway!