what can I tell you about life here???
It is crazy wicked hot here...it was 92 f today (33 c) and is supposed to be 95 f tomorrow and Saturday (35 c)...that's just way too hot!!! But when it comes down to it, it's not as bad as August will be...August has a nasty habit of being as much as 111 f (44 c)...being from Canada, that is really hard to handle...I remember the first summer I came down here in '05 in August...the hottest day was 107 f (42 c)...I couldnot breathe outside when it was that hot...I seriously stayed indoors as much as possible with the A/C on...
when we were in NY at Michelle's, they were discussing building a house and I had to laugh when Tony asked Michelle how important it was to her to have central air in the house...she said it wasn't that important...which up there, I understand why it's not a big deal to have. It's like in Canada...not a big deal...but living in California makes you LOVE LOVE LOVE a/c...let me tell you :)
I spent a bunch of time last night looking at temple dresses again online...I can hardly wait til I get to go buy one and wear it...
so, did I ever tell you that it felt like I had a pinched nerve in my arm??? well, it turns out I do indeed have a pinched nerve, but it's in my neck...and it travels down my arm...I think that is what the chiropractor said...either way, it hurts and i am so sick of it...
we had a really good long weekend...it was the Memorial Day long weekend and my sil, Christine had rented a campground site up at Bass Lake for the weekend...we had pretty much decided not to go cause we would have the kids, and Will and I had some stuff to do, but Will decided on Sunday afternoon that he wanted to go up...so, we piled intot he car and made the drive...it was so nice...I have not been to the lake in so long...Scott got to go into the lake for the first time ever and I will tell you that he is definitely a much bigger fan of a warm bathtub than a lake...even when it is only his feet in the lake...I am trying to decide if he just didn't like the fact that it was cold or if the waves washingup onto his feet scared him...cause he seemed to be find just standing there until the waves started coming...but, of course, being on shore, the waves were small...
we were going to just drive home later Sunday night, but everyone wanted us to stay, so they gave us spare blankets and found us all a spot to sleep...Scott was up at 5:15am on Monday...way to exhaust me...
by the way, i am about to put pics of the weekend on Scott's blog, so check it out :)
I decided to join facebook after Janna basically asked me to...
I am always asked to join these different sites, and I never do, but I decided to this time...I haven't kept in great contact with Janna (bad bad Krystin) so I figured this would maybe help me keep in better touch...
I am so glad I joined...I have found so many old friends from church growing up, high school and friends from YSA in Edmonton...crazy amounts of old friends are just popping out of the woodworks...it is awesome!!!
Brittany is on there, too...Brittany told me that facebook was maybe even more addicting that blogger...boy, was she right...I am always there checking it out :)
anyways, so much fun...
life is great...
loving it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun weekend.
central AC is important here too in NJ. its's going to be in the nineties here and I am not looking forward to summer at all if this is anything like what it's going to be like I should melt.
Ahhhh, gotta love the A/C! ;) Enjoyed reading your blog. I've never heard of facebook. ??? Gonna have to find out more about it but I don't need to spend anymore time online than I already do at SBO! LOL
facebook is my best friend, i have connected with everyone...... sounds like you had a good time, will have to check out the pics
Totally have to have AC!! :)
Post a Comment