Monday, July 23, 2007

Alright, so where to begin...I guess I should tell you about our trip to Utah :)
Well, first off, on Friday was Scott's regular check-up and we found out he had an ear infection, so the dr. gave us some medicine and some numbing ear drops so the pressure change in the plane would not hurt his ears.
Scott and I flew out on Saturday night arriving in SLC at about 2:30 am...my mum and my Aunt Madeleine came and met me at the airport...they got lost and tried having me tell them where I was in the airport...I dunno...how do I know what terminal I am in??? I didn't even know there was more than 1 terminal...lol
they found me eventually :)
Sunday morning we woke up at a ridiculous hour of day considering the time we got to bed...Aubryn and Izzy came into the bedroom (I was sleeping in the same room as Laurenne) and they all wanted to see Scott...Izzy is so sweet and cute...he has had no problems adjusting to his new family :)
This is Sunday morning...

Later that afternoon we all went to church...Aubryn was sitting next to me reading a book about dogs. In the book the dogs had a furry patch of fur on them...and Aubryn looks at me and asks (with somplete seriousness and sincerety), "Do you think there is a dead dog somewhere that is missing his fur cause it is in this book?"
I tried not to laugh cause I knew she was being serious and genuinely asking me a question, I simply stated that there was no dead dog missing its fur.
That night, Estelle, Troy and Thoma came over for dinner...I haven't seen Estelle since she got married back in '01, I think...oh, wait...that might be a lie, but I'm not sure...I may have seen her last summer when I came back to the USA, but I don't remember...anyways, they came over for dinner...here is a picture of her and Thoma :)

On Monday Scott and Maigan both had their first bubble bath...Scott enjoyed it a bit more than Maigan did...lol


First place we went on Monday was Ikea...I have had Ikea withdrawals ever since leaving Edmonton last summer...you see, I am used to living 5 minutes from Ikea, not 2.5 hrs. North or South...It was just fun to walk around there...and, of course, eat cheap Ikea food. :)
We then went out to American Fork to Shade clothing to buy me a bathing suit...I found it online and wanted it so bad...luckily, even though the store was out of stock, their warehouse was just a couple of blocks away and they had it there...YAH!!!
We also went to a church bookstore and I bought a bunch of books for Scott...I am a cheapskate when it comes to buying books, I hate spending $10 on a book, but when I find them for $1.50 or $2.00, I will buy them...I got some really cute books.
We also stopped by the Jordan River Temple in South Jordan and I took a couple of quick pictures...

On Tuesday we went swimming at an indoor play place for the kids...we had a bunch of fun...Aubryn and I went down the waterslide (which was CRAZY fast, I might add), we swam around (as well as you can swim in 3 ft. dep water...lol) and by the end of it Scott had fallen sound asleep in my arms...yes, in the water :)

On Wednesday and Thursday I don't really remember specific things that we did, although I know we did stuff :)
Oh, yeah, on Thursday night we did Christmas in July...we all drew two names and went and bought small presents for those 2 people and had Christmas...it was fun...I got a bunch of scrapbooking stuff.
On Friday we went to Temple Square in SLC...we went and saw the new movie in the Legacy theater about Joseph Smith and his life...what a truly powerful movie.
We also just wandered around Temple Square.


On Saturday we all spent the morning packing up so we could leave that evening...we mostly just went around town getting last minute stuff...we went to Super Target, Super Wal-Mart, went to the mall (mostly to look at temple sealing dresses)...
That night Scott and I got to the airport at about 8, and started our journey back home...into Las Vegas was a good plane trip...from Vegas to home was terrible...I have never been on such an uncomfortable plane ride in my life...and it totally did not help that the guy behind me kept putting his feet or legs on the back of my seat and kicking it...my back was so messed up by the time I got off that plane, that I could hardly wait til today to get to the chiropractor. Will met us at the gate getting off the plane...he was working so he helped me get my bags off the conveyor belt when they finally came through...by the time I got home and to bed it was 3am...and then I had to be up at 6 to be at my mil's...that was just horrible :)
Well, that is it for my update, BUT please go read Scott's blog, too, cause I am updating it too with a bunch of neat stuff :)

10 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

you got to be kidding...utah has a "SUPER" target. boy, oh boy, did i ever miss out!!! :) all and all, sounds like you and everyone had fun. so glad izzy enjoys his new family and has no adjusting issues. it must have been exciting for mum, lj, abby and everyone to meet scottie for the first time.
but out of everything you blogged about, aren't you forgetting something?!?! oh don't worry, i won't tell!! :)

Krystin said...

nope...can't think of a single thing I forgot!!! :)

kelli said...

to start with did you go to any of the LSS when I was there two years ago I hit several of them, they had tons of neat stuff. Second what is a sealing dress? Glad you enjoyed your trip

Krystin said...

in our religion, we believe that a family can be sealed for time and all eternity in the temple...so, instead of only being together 'til death do you part', we believe that in the temple we can be sealed to our family in the afterlife, as well...and in the temple, a woman wears a sealing (or a temple dress) which is a special dress only worn in the temple.

Nikki said...

Hey chica! Sounds like a fun trip...glad your home safe and sound and with your new swimsuit!

broberts said...

hey....so good to hear an update. i didn't know exactly when you guys were going on the trip, so everytime i would check your blog and there was nothing new i was sad...until i realized that you must be in utah. haha. but it sure sounds like you had a good time. and some amazing shopping. i'm jealous that you got to see some temples. hope scott's ear is better.

Leslie said...

Such a sweet photo of Scott, Izzy and Aubryn! Glad you got that swimsuit you had your heart set on. ;)

Wren said...

Sounds like you had fun.

The Jensens said...

ok seriously krys, your kid is soooo stinkin cute. nice baby makin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole said...

YAY for a new swimsuit and a fun time away!! :)