Friday, July 06, 2007

So, there has been all kinds of fun stuff going on down here...
This past weekend, my sil, Christine, her boyfriend, Chris, all 7 of their kids, and his mom went camping up at Bass Lake...on Monday they came down to Fresno to visit...(I should specify that 2 of the kids are Christine's and 5 of them are Chris')...Chris, Bria and his mom went back to Sac that night, and the other boys...all 6 of them stayed down here with Christine...Gary, Will's brother, was running a firework stand so that night we set off fireworks (a couple days early, we know, but, really, who cares?!?) lol
this is all 6 boys watching the fireworks (Scott was in his snugli with me, so, obviously, he is not pictured)

On Tuesday, before all the boys came over here to go swimming, Scott had a bath and we, okay, fine, it was ALL me, decided to give him a faux-hawk!!! Sooooooooooooooooo stinkin' cute!!!

here are 5 of those 6 boys...

Then, of course, come the 4th of July...this is my first time ever being down in the USA for Independence Day...Scott and I had a good day.
Will had to sleep cause he had just gotten off work at 8 am, and had to go back to work that night, so Scott and I did stuff...we got invited over to my friend's in-laws house...Heather was the first person to introduce herself to me when I first came down to California and we have been friends ever since...her son, Joseph was blessed on Sunday and I went to her ward to see the blessing and then she invited me over with her family to her house for brownies and ice cream. So, anyways, she invited us to her in-lawa for swimming and a bbq...she also invited us to the block party at her in-laws neighbours, but I went home so I could watch the fireworks with Will. So, anyways, at their house they decided to try to set up her bro-in-law with one of my Canadian friends...so, wanting to see who some of my friends are, we looked on my facebook account and there is one friend of mine from home that he would like to get to know...so, now, I gotta get ahold of her to see if she would be open to getting to know him...
little miss matchmaker me!!! :)
Here is a picture that I took of Scott wearing his onesie I bought him in NY at Michelle's before we went out to swimming and the bbq...
this kid is just so dang cute!!!

This is a picture that I took while we were out sitting by the road waiting for fireworks...it's just a little something to show how warm it was that day...

fyi, 97 f is 36 c...the "coldest" it got that night was 86 f...that would be 30 c...so, yes, my hometown's daytime high was our nighttime low...so, basically what I am saying is, don't ever winge and moan to me about how hot it is up there...lol
cause it's not...I came into my place this afternoon around noon, and I didn't have a/c on, and it was 86 f in here...inside...at noon :) so, yeah, the a/c got turned on pretty quick.
Scott had a good time at the fireworks...he watched them in amazement and only got a bit scared in the finale...he didn't cry, he just jumped everytime one banged...and, well, in the finale, that was every half second...lol
I ended up just covering his ears andhe was fine...
this is us sitting by the side of the road waiting for fireworks with Scott playing with the American flag...

we didn't get many pictures of the fireworks cause the shutter delay is realy bad on my camera, so, we did mostly video, but I thought I would share at least 1 cool picture from the night...this one I thought was pretty cool :) it was not the best pic of a firework that we got, but the pic is pretty neat!!!

Now I am just waiting for the video to finish uploading...since the video was is about 3 mins long, it is taking FOREVER to upload to photobucket...in the time that it has taken to type all this up, only 31% of the video has been uploaded...so, to say the least, this is gonna take a while, but it's not like you are sitting here reading and waiting for it to upload, so it's not even mildly irritating to you...just to me...
maybe I will go and keep cleaning while the video is uploading...ooooooooh, wait, there is more to tell you...
last night, I was husband and babyless...that was weird.
Will decided to go up to Sacramento to go catfishing with his friend...well, since I go to my mil's in the morning and I can't watch Scott the whole time I am there, he decided to see if Christine would watch him...neither his mom or Rebecca (Gary's finacee could watch him)...so, up to Sacramento they went last night leaving me all alone. I went out to dinner with his mom to Mimi's cafe...they have the BEST french onion soup...then came home and got organized...I have been trying to get Will to help me for months to being the dressers in and get the bunk beds in and get the big shelf in...basically, get stuff in so we can get things organized...and, well, he's a procrastinator...so, while he was gone, I had a couple friends from church come over and help me get the stuff in...I am sure Will is going to be a bit more than a little surprised when he gets home tonight and I have a bunch of stuff in and organized...
okay, we are now at 39% uploaded...I am going to go clean and then come back to add the video...
all right, drumroll please...here it is!!!
fyi, I apologize for the fact that it is sideways, I always forget when videotaping, that I should not hold the camera up and down, cause you can't rotate it once it's on the computer...

6 comments:

Wren said...

I like the fireworks picture. I like the fireworks at about 9 sec., 1:09, 2:42, 3:12 and 3:23. Somewhere around there. Can't wait to see you and Scott next week.

kelli said...

How stinking cool is that video you took of the fireworks.

Anonymous said...

Love your photos and video!

Heather said...

hey I still think we can whine and moan when it gets hot here. Our bodies arent used to it because it gets so much colder here in the summer. You gusy get so much more acclimatized to it lol. And this maybe an assumption but I would bet air conditoning is a more standard thing in homes there.

Nice fireworks show! Your son is suh a cutie. You look absolutly beautiful in that picture of you and him in the lawn chair.

Nicole said...

Oh man! Wish I would have thought to video our fireworks! This was fun to watch!

Leslie said...

What a fun Fourth! Scott looks cute with his hawk! ;) LOL We're you feeling intimidated with all the testerone with all those boys there for the holiday?? LOL