Friday, March 14, 2008

The Best Dang Muffins Ever
aka Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/4c. sour cream
1tsp. baking soda
1/2c. butter (softened)
3/4c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2c. flour
1/4c. wheat germ (optional)
1c. mashed bananas
1c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1tsp. vanilla
(I like to add some chopped walnuts, as well. Amount is up to you...I just chop as many as I feel like and add)

Preheat oven to 350f. Stir sour cream and baking soda together. Set aside. Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating well. Beat in sour cream mixture. Stir in remaining ingredinents. Don't over-mix. Spoon into greased muffin pans and bake for about 18 mins. Let cool before removing from pan.

NOTE: To modify and make healthier, use half amount choc. chips and sugar.


The reason I decided to share this recips, is because, honestly, it is so dang good. Plus, Leslie alwas posts recipes that she makes, so I figured I would. Yesterday I made 2.5 dozen of these, so I figured I would share.
I hope that if you try these, that you like them as much as we do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, but does the healthier version taste as good?

Michelle Denault said...

sounds a lot like my chocolate chip banana bread, which is also yummy! tony woudl like it i am sure. he'll eat anything with choc chips....pancakes, waffles, cookies, muffins, banana bread. i just might have to make them and see what he thinks so thanks for sharing the recipe!!