Wednesday, May 07, 2008

You know, the thing that sucks the most about being lazy about updating my blog, is that by the time I finally do update, I forget everything I need to update you on...lol
So much has been going one.
It seems like no matter how late I sleep, I am still ridiculously tired...cause I've been up however many times during the night...even if it is only once or twice.
I had my alarm set for 8:30 am today cause Will and Scott had a hair appt. at 10 I finally managed to get out of bed at 9:28. (No, we did not get there for 10)
We went to the DMV yesterday to renews Will's license and get me a California license. Cause, funny ha-ha, apparently my license expired on my birthday in Dec. and I didn't know...lol
Anyways, so we go, Will gets his renewed and apparently, I have to do a written test. And guess who got to do it immediately??? Yeah, ME!!! When was the last time I wrote a driver's test??? Yeah, when I got my learners. Well, happy news is I passed with flying colours...and, yes, I did guess on some stuff cause truth be told, I just did not know the answers. Anyways, so not only did I have to write a test, I have to do a driving test. And I can't get in for 3 weeks. So, now, to go anywhere I gotta walk, or get rides. How lame is that??? I mean, I don't mind walking to the grocery store and such, but I feel like I'm back in the YSA days with no car and bumming rides everwhere...except now I gotta haul 2 car seats with me.
It's just lame. I mean, it's not like I came from a country of people who drive on the other side of the road. Either way, I am sure I will pass, it's just a stupid inconvenience.
Scott said his name 2 times yesterday (or maybe it was the day before). I can't keep days straight anymore. It was so dang cute. He was looking at a picture of himself from last year and I asked him who it was. I then told him, "It's you, Scott." and he repeated "Cott"...It was so stinkin' cute. He is giving real kisses now. And he even does the 'mwah' sound when he does it...lol
And guess who gets the most kisses. Aerin.
All the time. If he is sitting on the bed with her, and I ask him to give me kisses, he goes over and gives Aerin kisses. Sometimes, when she is crying he will give her kisses. He just adores her. He always tries giving her the soother when she is cring, too. He is so sweet.
He gives high-fives now, too. He just started that today. I never taught him that...I've tried, but didn't know he had caught on...lol
So, now if you ask him to give you five, he does.
Today when we got his hair cut, we kept it lots longer on top than we have in the past and had the hairstylist put gel in it and spike it. It was so cute. He looked so much more grown up.

We celebrated Will's birthday this past week, too. Will and I went out for a date on Saturday night for dinner and a movie. It was so nice. We went to Claim Jumper for dinner and then went to see Ironman. Such a good movie. I loved it. The nicest thing though was that we actually got to go out together. No kids. My SIL watched them and took them to the park and dang it, I just wish we lived closer to her. She loves watching those two and our neice and nephew just adore them, too.
On Sunday, we (us, BIL and SIL) took my MIL out for lunch for Mother's Day a week early cause my SIL was in town. MIL chose to go to Claim Jumper. Go figure...lol
At least we know they have good food. :)
After lunch, we invited everyone over for cake and ice cream. Will requested the G.Loomis skeleton fish logo to be on his cake. So, that is what I did.

So just looking at all the pics I just uploaded...there are so many pics I want to post.
One of the funnies things Scott did this week.
I was sitting on the couch holding Aerin and Scott decided to climb into her bassinet. It has wheels on it so I take it from room to room. This particular day it was in the living room next to the couch. Well, it was nap time, and I could tell he was ready to sleep.
So, just for kicks, I lay him down and told him I would go get his blankie...well, once he had that blankie, he was out for the count, baby. :)
It was so cute...cause, yeah, you can just imagine what a nearly 18 month old looks like in a bassinet.


Aerin had her 1 month check-up a little while ago, too. I've been meaning to tell you that. She is doing well. Her birth weight was at 9lbs 3oz and her length was 20.25". At her check-up, 10lbs9oz and 21". So, she is growing well.
She is such a happy baby, just like Scott.
This is a video of her just being happy and smiling.
Okay, so how do you do video on here now??? I have always uploaded the video to photobucket and then copied the HTML code here and it has always worked...til the past couple months. And whenever I try uploading video through blogger directl, it takes forever to upload and such, and then doesn't even show up.
Any tips on how I can post video cause this is super frustrating and I want to share some videos too.
Anyways, since the video won't work, here is a pic of her.

3 comments:

Laura Leavitt said...

I love your pictures....the text is hard to read though...the red color. The bottom picture is so sweet.

Michelle Denault said...

now that i can finally see the pix, i'll leave a comment. awesome job on the cake but kinda scary looking!!! scottie looks so cute in the bassinet that is obviously too small for him. kids do the darnest things with their stuff that they would never use when they were the right age or size until they have a younger sibling. mady now all of a sudden loves the swing.

broberts said...

wow...there was a lot to update us on. sounds like you're busy. super cute pics...and i love hearing about how scott is adjusting to being a big brother; aerin is sure lucky!