Sunday, February 24, 2008

And the discussion has officially come to a close as the spelling of the name has been chosen and approvd of (by Will).
Our baby girl will be named...

Aerin Sienna Kahle.

I am glad to finally have that over with. Now we know and I don't have to think about it anymore.
The only thought now is that I am almost willing to go into labour today just to get rid of the pain...lol
Good reason, huh???
But you know, that doesn't work out so well since Mum still does have my car seat cover and bassinet cover, both of which are very important to have in one's own possession at the time of birth. So, yeah, in the end, going into labour today would not be a good thing :)
You understand that, Aerin???
I am so excited to get new covers, though. The new car seat cover will match my new double stroller and the bassinet cover will just be so much prettier. So excited. I think Mum is getting annoyed with me always asking about them...what can I say??? I'm a little anxious.
Scott and I had a little picnic on the living room floor last night...it ended up quite messy :) We sat and watched Tom & Jerry (he loves Tom & Jerry) and say on a blanket with my big body pillow with other blankets to snuggle with...eating crackers and apple. I love to sit and watch him laughing at Tom & Jerry. It is so cute. I just discovered this week that he liked them. I just went to the free movie section on cable and found them and thought, "Hey, I liked them, maybe he will." I would prefer them anyday over Barney and The Teletubbies. So, anways, yeah, he's so cute.
He fell asleep in my arms last night while watching another free movie on tv...The Cutting Edge. Just knowing that in 3 weeks, he won't be my only baby anymore made me not want to get up and put him into his bed. I just wanted to hold him all night and never let him go. I just watched him sleep. I said a special prayer for him when I lay him in bed. My little boy is growing up. It was bound to happen. We are always warned by ther parents about how fast time flies, so we expect it, yet it still seems to just be gone. One day I was in the hospital, seems like yesterday, and the next day, my newborn son is in a big boy toddler bed and about to become a big brother...no longer my only baby. And yet, what a blessing it is to welcome another special spirit of our Heavenly Father into our home. I wouldn't trade that for anything.
Being a wife and mother has been, and I know will continue, to be the greatest blessing in my life. I would not be who I am today without my husband and my children. I couldn't be this person without them.
So, to all my friends who are mothers, we've all heard it a million times, treasure it. Treasure every moment with those special spirits. Let them help you become better people. Give and receive every snuggle possible, cause there may come a time they don't want to. Take all the slobbery kisses they want to give, cause you won't always get them when you want them later. And love them like there is no tomorrow...because, sadly, sometimes there isn't.
I love my baby boy who is quickly becoming a big boy and I love this little girl about to join our family.
I am blessed. We, as a family, are blessed.

6 comments:

broberts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
broberts said...

glad the name is official!!! very pretty! now...what if you end up like kari-lynn and don't have what you think you're having???? hehe. got a back up name? thanks for the reminder to count my blessings! you're sweet.

Anonymous said...

haha brittany...very funny! i'm sure they'll be just fine!
this was a great post..."the love them like there is no tomorrow" bit almost had me tearing up.
suer sweet and oh so true.

broberts said...

You stole our boy name!!!! Well...our 2nd boy name...too bad...if you have another boy...there will just be 2 Ethan's in the family. Funny thing...we've picked Ethan Scott for his name! Anyways..I was just curious about a back up! Glad you have a baby who cooperated for those fancy 4D ultrasounds...

Kari-Lynn...I want you to know that I will NEVER trust an ultrasound because of your story!!! haha. I don't know about the fancy ones, but the regular ultrasounds just aren't a 100% guarantee and you found that out the hard way.

Michelle Denault said...

that's why i would rather not find out and have it be a big surprise when i deliver!!

Tonikka said...

i have not read your whole post yet but my cousin lisa is going to have a girl too and your spelling of aerin is so close to her names too, if she had a boy it would have been arek (eric) but now that its a girl its areka(erica)