Am I obsessed???
So, you remember my post after New Years??? You know, the one where I said my one goal (not resolution) of the year was to have my baby on her due date. Well, I have a confession to make.
Are you ready for this???
I am obsessed with this goal, I have realized.
And when I say obsessed, I mean obsessed.
I am planning my birth announcements around it. They are gonna be green and white and have little shamrocks on them. And I am gonna have to find the shamrocks...trust me, I have been goggle's biggest customer...and I am gonna get green glitter to make them glittery. And I actually designed the announcements last night on paper. I know exactly how many eyelets I need for each announcement (16). All I have to do is a practice run to make sure that number is right.
So, I'm talking to Kari-Lynn today. She is my sister who is wicked crazy talented at using photoshop and she will be doing the picture/writing part of the announcement. And she asks me something.
She asks me a question that addmitedly, I have thought of before, but dread the answer.
"Krystin, what are you going to do if she is not born on St. Patrick's Day?"
Oh, how I hate this question. (My sil asked me the same thing a couple nights ago.)
You want my answer.
I'm gonna cry.
I will be upset.
I will (and if you are LDS, you will understand what I am about to say) weep and wail and gnash my teeth.
I will likely be upset for a lot of years.
And you know, the funny thing is, that I'm not kidding.
I'm not kidding one little bit.
It will be a little regret that will hang over me for probably countless years.
I mean, I am planning this as well as I can. You know, as well as a person can plan a non-planned non-c-section birth. The best I can hope for is this...
1) hope this birth is just like Scott's.
2) hope that, like Scott, I will need to be induced.
3) hope that my body reacts to the induction the same way it did for Scott.
4) hope that my body does not go into labour early.
5) cause if it does, I will not push until 12:01am Mar. 17/08.
WISH ME LUCK!!! :)
The only thing I really got going for me, is that my Dr. will not let me go over my due date before inducing me. This is why I must get him to start the induction the night before..not the day of. I can't risk a Mar. 18th delivery.
Because, heaven forbid, that I should have to do birth announcements in *gasp* pink or *be still my beating heart* spring colours.
Because, don't even think that I can use a shamrock if she ain't born on St. Patty's Day. In my mind, that just don't work...lol.
Like I said, obsessed with a St. Patrick's Day baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Hey, I'm the first commentor. I'm wishing you luck. Talking to the man upstairs might help a bit too.
and you were one of the people who laughed at me cause i wanted a leap year baby and i wasn't nearly this obsessed about it. seriously chill. you won't cry or have a little regret hanging over you for countless years. think about it you would have just had a brand new baby, nothing else will matter or enter your mind cause you will be so overcome with that fact!
i honestly don't know how you can WANT to be induced. are you crazy?! that is so much work for your body to be forced into so quick...and the poor baby! especially just to have erin on a certain day. i think you're nuts...adorable and i love you to pieces...but nuts, nonetheless! i'd agree with you...you're obsessed! you and i are opposites when it comes to what kind of labor/child birth we want...i'm all for as natural as possible. well...for the sake of not having to redo your announcements...i hope you get a st.patty's baby. ya goof!
ummmm, yeah. good luck with that.
you are toooo funny!! YOUVE PLANNED THE ANNOUCEMENTS DOWN TO THE EYELETS?!!LOL LOL LOL!!
I better darn well get one!!!!!! :)
GOOD LUCK. I will totally be thinking of you. hee hee hee
maybe she'll be breech and you can get a scheduled section....ha ha
Post a Comment