MIA
So, you may not have really noticed my absence from the lack of blog postings on my blog, but you may have noticed from my lack of comments on your blogs...at least I would like to think you noticed my lack of comments.
Did any of you even notice I was gone???
Well, let me tell you where I have been.
This is how the story goes.
We have been trying to figure out some money-saving techniques, so we decided that one thing we would do, is cancel our home phone and internet and switch to a bundle with our cable company...it would save us aprox. $100/month...seems worth it to me.
Anyhoo, the new internet and house phone got connected on Tuesday. Tuesday was a fine day...internet just as normal.
Well, Wednesday comes along and guess what does not work??? Internet.
So, I call them up and the tech guy does a reset of the modem. Well, I wait the allotted amount of time to turn the comuter back on and the internet still does not work...so I call back. Well, we try resetting it again...Still does not work. Well, the technicial calls me back and ends up that her computer is calling for a technician to come to us...but of course, the tech can't get out til Thursday.
So, we wait til Thursday. Thursday comes along, and he tries to fix it...doesn't work. Says it could be a problem with the computer, but doesn't know for sure since he doesn't ahve his laptop to test it on there. So, Will and I decide to go look at computers, just in case we have to get a new one.
Well, we get home, and find a note on the door from the technician who said he tested it on his laptop and it worked just fine.
So, in hopes to not have to spend a bunch of moolah on a new comp, we backed up all files, and did a system restore (where comp settings are set back to as if the comp is brand new). It's not like we've never done this before.
Yeah, that didn't go over so well. The computer would not restart up...it killed the computer...or something did, anyways.
So, Friday we go out and get the new computer we picked out. We get it home and try to hook up the internet and guess what doesn't work...the internet.
So, now we gotta wait til Sunday (today) for the technician guy to come back and try to figure it out for us. Well, he showed up today, and he finally got it working...YAH!!!
So, yeah, we now have the internet hooked up on a brand new computer that should not die anytime soon.
As for what new is going on in life...you know what, maybe I will leave that for tomorrow. It is quite a bit past my bedtime and I need to get as much sleep as possible.
So, I promise to you right now, that I will try to darndest to post again tomorrow, but if I dont get to it for a couple of das, please don't hate me...I have a nasty habit of filling up my schedule and being busy, but I do promise to put forth an honest effort.
P.S. Check your bog postings...I tried to leave comments on everyone's tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
i noticed you were gone. glad you are back with us in the blogging again!
i totally noticed too. i check your blog everyday (okay, so maybe more than once a day when i'm waiting for an update) and you're usually the first to leave comments on my blog and i missed you krystin!!! what an ordeal you went though!! looking forward to another update!
ya know. i wondered what was taking so long because i talked to you the day you said he was coming over the first time and then you still weren't on forever and then you said today you got a new computer...so thanks for explaining it all out for me!
Post a Comment