Friday, February 01, 2008

Okay, so I really guess I should do a blog update.
So much has been going on I just don't even know where to start.
I received my green card in the mail late last week. So I am now officially a resident alien of the USA. Yes, lovin' the term alien.
I am so glad that it is all over and done with and I don't have to do anything else for a long time for it.
My camera is sick. Well, it's not so sick that it doesn't work, but it sure sounds sick. It sounds like the motor for the lens keeps trying to bring the lens out, even though it is already out. So, yeah. It just sounds very sick whenever I turn it on. At least it still works. I mean, seriously, what would I do without a camera??? I think I could quite possibly die...or maybe just be very sick and close to death. Kinda like my camera.
Scott is sleeping in a toddler bed now. We got a crib a few months back..my mil bought it for him, andhe hated it from the start. But, really, that is kinda out fault...lol.
Shhhhh, don't tell anyone I said that. I loved having him sleep with me at night. It was nice to have someone to cuddle up to every night since Will works nights. And I just love that kid so much that everything made up for the fact that he woke me up a few times a night.
Well, my mil was garagesaling a couple of weeks ago...yes, in January, and found a toddler bed for $10. It is so cool. It has glow in the dark stars and moon on the headboard and she bought it for him.
Well, he loves it. He had no problems at all with me sitting him in it for the first time or laying him down in it. With the crib, I could not even stand him in it without him screaming. So, now he takes his naps and sleeps in it at night. Everynight he gets better and better at sleeping through the night. Well, guess who just wandered out of his room??? Alright. I am back. He has a nasty little habit of waking up halfway through his nap and can only go back to sleep if I lay him back down and sit with him a few mins. So, anyways, like I said, he is getting better at sleeping longer in the bed without waking up. The first couple nights he was up every hour for 3 or 4 hours. Last night, I think his 3rd night in the bed, I never even heard him til 3:15...that's 5 hours of straight sleeping.
Anyways, of course, I have to show you a pic of my kid in all his cuteness sleeping in his bed for the first time.

Oh, what else is new???
I dunno. Oh, baby stuff.
We do have a name picked. Did I tell you that already??? Erin Sienna Kahle. At my last appt. (32 wk.) the dr. said I was measuring around 31 weeks. And his guess at weight was about 3.5 lbs.
She is laying quite low and is quite good at giving me extreme back and hip pain...still. But, she will be worth all that pain.
I am so excited to be having a little girl. Scott is so cute about it, too. He loves to lift up my shirt and smack my belly (that makes Erin nice and mad) and he even now waves at my belly. I ask him if he wants to say hi to the baby and he waves at my belly. But the waving thing, he just did out of the blue one day. Just lifted my shirt and waved at my belly. It was so gosh-darn cute.
A few days ago, I was sitting over at my bro-in-law's house and asked Scott where the baby was and he pointed to my tummy.
I love that kid so much.
He is so gosh-darn cute.
I finally found an outfit to bring her home from the hospital in. I have been looking for about a month now and just couldn't find something I wanted. Well, Scott and I picked something out today. And I do mean, Scott and I. I held up two cute dresses and I let him choose. This is it.

Well, I am gonna go work on updating Scott's blog now. I have tons of pictures of him to post and it is about time that he has an update, too.

5 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

love the dress.
it's funny that we updated our blogs about the same thing on the same day...our babies loving our bellies. i swear i didn't read your blog before publishing mine.
so glad that now you can travel freely between canada and the states.

broberts said...

congrats on the green card...that took forever. that's so fun that scott has a big kid bed...and that he's excited to have a baby sister. cute outfit for her. and thanks for updating!!!

Anonymous said...

you need to take a pic of that dress next to one of scott's shirts so we can really appreciate its teeniness!

Laura Leavitt said...

cute dress. that is so fun you are having a girl. I love having one of each. I know you are thinking of using Sienna as a middle name.and I love it. I want to use it for a first name. Darren is not so convinced.......and it does not matter because our baby is going to be a boy. I hope you are feeling ok. I am so jealous of anyone who is more pregnant then me.

Leslie said...

Adorable dress, love the name and congrats to Scott for learning to sleep in the toddler bed. Great deal for your mom - wow! $10!