Thursday, February 21, 2008

I have come to terms with reality.

Some of you may be surprised by what I am about to type (at least you should be if you read 2 posts ago). I have come to terms with the fact that my baby may not be born on her due date. Likely, but not guaranteed. So, to mentally prepare myself for this, I now have the birth annoncements designed in flowers and pink if not born of St. Patty's day and shamrocks and green if she is born then. I won't tell you, though, that I have yet to buy pink ribbon and flowers even though I have already bought shamrocks and green ribbon. Oops...did I just type that??? lol
I should also mention that when I did the practice run of the birth announcement, I realized that I do not actually need 16 eyelets for each one, but only 12...happy day :)
Well, a lot is going on right now. Life is busy, as I seem to enjoy making plans almost everyday. Why, I don't know.
The carpet cleaners were here this morning...so nice. I love having clean carpets...so much nicer.
I had a dr. appt. this week. I am almost 1 cm dilated and my cervix is soft. So, yeah, all is well. Baby's head is nice and low (which is a huge contributing factor to all my pain in my back and hips). I have only gained 21 lbs so far in this pregnancy. A far cry from the approx. 36 lbs. already gained by this time in my last pregnancy...and to think that last time I was trying much harder not to gain weight. Hmmmmmm...
I am glad I am not gaining as much this time around. It will hopefully be a lot easier and faster to get off and get back to below pre-prego weight.
We are now deciding how we want to spell her name. I know I have said it would be Erin, but that was before Will came home with the suggestion of Aerin. Now he is trying to decide if he likes it enough...even though he suggested it. To me, that should mean he likes it enough...but I tell ya, that guy changes his mind more than he changes his underwear...lol
At least when it comes to baby names, anyways. :)
Scott is such a little delight. He loves helping me around the house. Yesterday, I was vacuuming, and using the hand held extension to clean in the tracks of the closet doors and he grabbed ahold of it and was helping me. He likes to pass me clothes out of the dryer as I am folding htem...unfortunately, he grabs faster than I fold, so, yeah. He helps pick up his messes off the floor all the time, too. When he pulls plastic bags out of the drawer, if I ask him to pick them up and put them back, he walks around picking up one at a time, opening and closing the drawer each time to put another bag away. He is such a good helper.
I gotta be honest, my life would not be the same without him.
He has now slept through the night in his own bed 2 times now. On Friday night, and last night. He will usually wake up at 5am and come toddling into my room and then I pull him into bed with me, but today he didn't come in til 7. He is just so gosh darn cute...I love him so much.
He loves rubbing my belly. If I ask him where the baby is, he will point to my belly.
Which reminds me, awhile back, Kari-Lynn mentioned in the comment section that I should take a pic of her "home from the hospital dress" next to one of Scott's shirts to we could see really appreciate how tiny it is...so, here's a pic.

I apologize for the blurriness, but my camera is starting to be really fussy, so if I don't hold it perfectly still, it's blurry.
I imagine you still want to see belly pics too, huh???
Well, according to Michelle, she agrees with me that she is now officially bigger than me...lol
I look a lot bigger with the shirt up compared to down. I think I must have just eaten before taking this pic, cause I am sure I don't look this big today...lol
But here are pics of both.


Now let me go see if I have a pic from my last pregnancy at this time.
Well, good news and bad news. Good news is that I found a pic within days of the right day, bad news is that I would have to import every pic from that disc onto the computer in order to post the one picture on here. So, I'm sorry.
I will try to post on Scott's blog tonight or tomorrow as well.

5 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

i'm happy to see that you have come to terms with not being able to decide when your child will be born and will just go with the flow after all!! :)

broberts said...

i'm so proud of my krystin!!!! hey...cool spelling of the baby name...both ways are cute, but will's idea is definitely unique. just an idea, what about aeryn or just eryn? anyways....love your prego belly. i miss mine and can't wait till i have another one. oh...and i love how scott helps you with laundry; kaedance has picked up on that too and it makes laundry so much more fun (more work too).

broberts said...

ps...with the baby names...technically you could replace the "e" with "ai" as well and it would make the same sound.

Anonymous said...

i love the pic of their clothes together...if you guys get too poor after she is born she could just wear scott's shirts with a string around her waist...lol...
and i love any of those cool spellings for erin...i'm not so keen on just the boring erin...if you went with an 'ai' variation then it would kind of match maigan's name...which would be cool just cuz they are cousins...
airin
airyn
airen
hmmm, i like the 'ae' ones better, methinks...
aerin
aeryn
aeren
yeah, aeryn is my favourite but airyn is the next best, i guess...

hmmm, good luck!

Michelle Denault said...

i think eryn