Thursday, February 01, 2007

I know that every mother says this, but I cannot get over how cute my kid is...
I just downloaded a few pics I had on my camera and I just am overwhelmed...he truly is a beautiful child...and he holds such a special place in my heart...
I have been so blessed to have him in my life...I love getting to know him...I love how he gets upset when I leave the room (okay, that is frustrating sometimes), I love how he smiles when he sees me, or I know that he's crying cause his diaper is wet or if he's hungry or if he's tired...

I love his personality...how he bops his head around when I'm standing him in my lap, and how he will totally stop crying as soon as the wet diaper breaks contact with his skin, how he'll clench his legs so I can't put the new diaper on (trust me, this kid is strong)...how he'll smile when I ask him if he has a smile for mama...
I love that he has been holding his head up since he was 3 days old, and how he can push himself up on my lap to a standing position (of course, while being supported)...
it's funny how sometimes he just wants to be held...he doesn't want food, he doesn't want to sleep, he doesn't want to sit...he just wants picked up and held...and sometimes, okay, most times, being held just isn't good enough if it's not his mama holding him :)
now that's a special feeling...

anyone with kids can relate to this post, I am sure, and for anyone who doesn't have children yet, it is an incredible experience...
all these things that I have mentioned and so many more are worth more than most other things in life...
I feel so lucky and blessed to be trusted by God with this precious child, and I hope and pray that as he gets older that he will feel the same way about having me as his mother...I pray that he is proud of me and thinks the world of me and will trust me and know how much I love him...but i imagine that is what every mother hopes for...
well, that's an ode to my son...
now for some more of the preciously adorable pictures of him that inspired this post...

7 comments:

Michelle Denault said...

what an absolute precious boy. perfect is so many ways and ways you never thought possible.
as a new mama, i too feel blessed that she chose us to be her parents and just hope she knows how grateful we are to be her parents.

Laura Leavitt said...

your so cute. It is so awesome. I never knew you could be so cray abotu your kids-do you ever wonder, where my parents this crazy about me? I love my kids so much . They are the gretest thing. Scott is so adorabel. You dress him soooo cute.

Anonymous said...

wow...just keeps getting cuter and cuter...when will the madness stop..lol..

adorable pics...kisses from Janna xx
P.S..love the Depeche Mode song!

Anonymous said...

Oh Krystin what a beautiful boy. I really love his smile. And his eyes, I am melting over here.

Anonymous said...

He is sooo adorable. So, when am I gonna meet my youngest nephew. I really want to meet him Krystin. Love ya and miss ya.

Tonikka said...

uuuh ohhhhh HE IS GONNA BE ONE SPOILED BOY!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Heather said...

Oh he is so precious!!!