Monday, January 29, 2007

si, it's not a "Heather", but I just went to microwave some pizza for breakfast and I found in there a bowl of soup that Will put in yesterday aftenoon...I couldn't help but laugh cause Heather wrote on her blog that she once left a grilled cheese sandwich in the sandwich maker for a month...lol
so, it's not quite as bad, but it made me laugh...
and another thing, why is it called a "dishwasher" if it doesn't wash dishes??? ok, if it's more like a "dishsterilizer", why not call it that??? why would I wanna wash dishes first, then put them in the dishwasher??? isn't the dishwasher supposed to wash them for me??? am I wrong in thinking this??? I have to wash now a bunch of dishes that the dishwasher decided not to wash...
we have a bit of a love/hate relationship...
and it's not like I'm even putting dishes in that are caked with dry food...so not doing that...but it is scalding hot water, and shouldn't scalding hot water remove stuff??? you'd think so...at least, that's what the dishwasher making companies make you believe...and the dishwasher soap making companies...it's all a gimmick!!!
maybe i should take into consideration that I have one of the first dishwashers made in the history of man...maybe they didn't gloat as much in their dishwasher's abilities like the newer guys do...so, maybe I should cut my dishwasher some slack...
but if I do that, then I have to do that for my oven, which I can only put one dish in (not two side by side) because it is too narrow...which really sucks if you wanna make a main meal and roasted vegetables...it can't happen...and I only have one shelf, so I can't even stack...
I can hardly wait to have my own house where I can have a dream kitchen...which would also include A LOT more cupboard space, a nice new dishwasher that washes dishes (note that I did not call it a dishsanitizer) and a much bigger oven...
wow...this turned into a much bigger rant that I had anticipated...oops!!! forgive me :)

5 comments:

broberts said...

my dear krystin....you are so funny. i'm terribly sorry to hear about your dishwasher (or should i say dishsterilizer) mishaps. just remember me next time you load it, becuase I don't have one that works. ours just sits there and looks nice. and my oven is exaclty like yours, but to make things better i only have 2 burners that work (at least its 1 big one and 1 small one); when my mother-in-law came to our house to help my bro-in-law pack for his mission (as he lived with us) one day while we weren't home, she decided to clean my dirty house (this was when i was going through morning sickness); she cleaned the burner's and eveything; however, she hadn't put the one element back in all the way so when i went to use it, it blew the fuse for the one half of the stove- thanks a lot! well, the new kitchen we ordered should be coming in any day and we're putting in a new dishwasher and stove....can't wait! oh...not trying to make you jealous!

Tonikka said...

I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.... thanks for the comment.... Avery is doing a bit better, still have 911 on speed dial in our uptairs room, just in case. your son is sooooooooooooooooo beautiful, he is looking so big now, really alert and wide eyed. caaute!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

you know there are members of my husbands family that use the term "pulling a heather" I guess the phenomenon is spreading. Sorry to hear about your kitchen issues. I think in a perfect world dishes would wash themselves.

LaurieStar said...

HA! Your post is funny! I have similar problems with my "dishsterilizer!"

I'm from SBO too and was checking out your blog.

Anonymous said...

That is soo funny. I liked the actual rant more than the stories. So true about dishwashers, though.