Monday, January 15, 2007

I LOVE BEING A MUMMY!!!
you know, there are so many great things about being a mum...I wouldn't even know where to begin, but I would like to share some thoughts...
I think one of the things that amaze me most about babies is how they learn to develop...this is what I mean...we don't teach a baby how to smile, they just learn how...we don't teach a baby how to lift his or her head up, they just figure it out...they just learn how to grip onto objects on their own, they start to understand words on their own (it takes a while, but they do it)...it just fascinates me that they can do it...they just develop on their own, without us telling them how to do it...
of course,a s they get older, we teach them more...like how to actually say the words and spell them and stuff...but we don't teach them how to start using their voices when they are babies...they just figure it out on their own...and I think that is amazing!!!
things are great here...Scott has been going through a growth spurt so we have been up 2-3 times a night now instead of just 1 time...so sad for me... :(
he is getting so big...I don't know his weight as of right now, but his 2 month check-up is coming up on Feb. 5, so I will let you know then...
it is getting really cold here at night (at least in the house,anyways...lol) I woke up this morning and it was 52 deg. in here...that around 11 deg celcius...fyi
yesterday morning there was ic e on the ground...on my way outr to church, there was a truck in the complex parking lot that was having trouble getting out of hid parking spot because of ice...of course, I took a picture...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Scott and I are going out today to visit with a friend, Nichoole and her 1 yr. old son, Connor...
I have been learning to cook Italian food...I got one cookbook for Christmas (thanks, Laurenne) and one for my birthday (thanks, Will)...the recipes are very easy and so good :)
Will and I have decided that we both need to eat better and lose weight...I think it is going to be very hard cause we are both big eaters and can't eat a smaller amount and be satisfied hunger-wise...but we need to try...Shawnessy got to eat the last 3 doughnuts that we had in the house today...sure, we try to eat better and give the dog junk food...lol
I will keep you posted on our progress...
our mum is trying to plan a girl's trip to UT this summer...I am very excited and it sounds like a lot of fun...
well, not much more to say, but here is a video of Scott smiling and talking...sorry that it is sideways...apparently you can rotate photos on the computer, but not movies...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

11 DEGREES,who are you kidding? That is NOT cold. I'd kill to have that weather. And, you are very welcome for the cookbook. Scott is getting so cute. Love ya and miss ya.

Michelle Denault said...

what an adorable video.
trust me, they amaze you more and more each day!!

Krystin said...

LJ, that's INSIDE the house...it was warmer outside than it was inside...I agree that 11 deg. is not cold when it is outside and the sun is shining, but when it is dead air inside the house, it's cold...trust me...it's not much warmer than it would be there inside if you don't have the heat on at night...

Anonymous said...

aaahhhh you can tell he loves his mummy......... and mummy loves him

Anonymous said...

excuses, excuses,that's all I'm hearing or, to be specific, reading. Lol.